Project IRON MOOSE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, so on the front axle we decided to go with big brakes, to help stop the heavy beast. The rotors are 12.5" rotors off of a 06 4runner, the calipers are off of a 06 4 runner as well. The caliper size difference is huge, much larger pistons!!!!

To mount this set up we used mini, ifs wheel bearing hubs and a bracket from front range off road fab. Not only do we have a braking system that is up to date but, with this set up we can do a birfield change in the fild in 10 min.

Due to its mounting system being the 8 8x 1.25 bolts to bolt the factory spindle on, once those are removed the whole system will come off. Pretty darn nice!!

Justin
IMG_7346.jpg
IMG_7355.jpg

Ok, so we have had to get the steering box, font rad x-member and front bumper fab done. Due to the fact that the J-20 is a monster, we cut out the factory x member, built a custom box mount out of 3/8 plate and built a new x member in the front frame horn out of 2x3x3/16. We then capped the req. tubing and placed captured 1/2 grade 8 nuts inside. This will allow 4 grade 8 bolts to bolt the bumper threw the side of the frame in double sheer. We will have 2..10 mm bolts coming up threw that same x-member and threw the bumper to the winch. That will be a triple sheer winch and bumper mount set up in a vertical position!!!

Justin
IMG_7474.jpg
IMG_7438.jpg
IMG_7487.jpg

So I'm a doing the same 5.3L/4l60e installation in my pig and I'm curious what you're going to do for front driveshaft clearance at the transmission pan. My stock driveshaft does not clear the transmission pan nor does it clear the corner lip of the transmission. I'm trying to decide what to do and was curious of how you solved the problem.

Nik

Ok, so we have to mod the bumper to fit the giant J-20 steering gear. We also trimmed off 5 inches off the ends of the bumper, and added light tabs for our ridged Dually2 led lights. We will be adding a rad protection bar and of coarse paint!

Justin
IMG_7486.jpg
IMG_7488.jpg

The rotors are 12.5" rotors off of a 06 4runner, the calipers are off of a 06 4 runner as well. The caliper size difference is huge, much larger pistons!!!!

Agree on the calipers, but how does the 4runner disc compare to a vented 60 rotor?

So what's your plan for exhaust manifolds? I'm at that stage with my build just to make sure it all works before I do final welding. Ive already had no luck with a set of headers I picked up off eBay so looking looking for proven options. I know the stock truck manifolds don't work since they are too wide.

Nik

Your build is looking good!

we have some sanderson headers, they are slight offset center dumps/ block huggers, very nice headers.

Perfect, I've been leaning toward Sanderson headers... just wanted to know they fit okay.

ok, so we have our new front member done for the steering box and front core support, so now we have pics of the first stage of suspension flex testing, we will calculate the shock length and bump stop length, once we get that we will do the driveshafts!

Justin
IMG_7454.jpg

Ok, so we have the motor in, suspension mostly done! Now we need to put in a fuel system that will survive! So, we have these! The first filter is a 100 micron stainless filter that is cleanable, then the pump bosch 044, and a 10 micron post filter!
We will be using all high pressure fragola stainless braided line with high temp fiberglass mesh covering! This line is rated up to 500 psi and 500 degrees! Our fittings will be high flow AN fittings!!

Justin
IMG_7535.jpg

The 5.3 is in and we are putting in all new components on the front side, water pump, p/s, pulleys, plugs, wires, ect.. Wiring is also going in, with the ARB pump!

We also put in V6 booster and 80 master cylinder to balance the big brakes in the front and early s12 mini truck discs in the rear!!

Justin
IMG_7541.jpg

Looks good. Can't wait to be at that stage.

Anyway you guys could source that list out for people wanting that exact lift? Or anyway you can make it available for purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom