Project Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just picked up a 72 FJ40 frame and body for a Trail Rig project. I also have the remains of my 93 Dodge 3/4ton Cummins Diesel pickup.

The dodge has a Dana60 KingPin front, Dana70 rear, NP205, and of course the 6BT Cummins Diesel. I have seen info that others have done Diesel swaps with Fj's so I know it is possible.

What I am looking for is Ideas and Input on the best way to go about this project.

I appreciate the help.
James

Rescue Wagon said:
Just picked up a 72 FJ40 frame and body for a Trail Rig project. I also have the remains of my 93 Dodge 3/4ton Cummins Diesel pickup.

The dodge has a Dana60 KingPin front, Dana70 rear, NP205, and of course the 6BT Cummins Diesel. I have seen info that others have done Diesel swaps with Fj's so I know it is possible.

What I am looking for is Ideas and Input on the best way to go about this project.

I appreciate the help.
James

im game for helping you. let me know how to get in touch.

Do you still have the frame from the Dodge? Shorten it and stick the FJ40 body on top. You could get really adventurous and lengthen the 40 body, too. :)

I still have the Dodge. I would think itwould be easier to adapt the dodge parts to the FJ frame then the other way around. But this is my first time doing this major of a swap.

So which way would be easier?

I think I am going to try and cut down the Dodge Frame to fit the FJ40 onto it.

Is this hard to do? What would you have to do to insure the frame does come apart during wheeling?

Thanks again for the help.

James

The most common is welding back together with diamond shaped plates, that seems to do the trick for other people. I'll try to dig up a pic.

Ben

I think I am going to track down a Dodge auto tranny like a 727 and probably a 205 transfer case.

No I don't work at FE Warren, I am AGR(Full Time) Army National Guard.

What are the ultimate goals for this project? Tire size? Use? There's not much in Wyoming that requires giant tires. Colorado on the other hand...

I used to volunteer for Fire District 2 north of Cheyenne under Ken Aitchison. The Guard would respond to some of our fires north of town- awesome operations. :beer:

Currently plan on running 36's on Humvee wheels. I usually run Colorado and MOAB trails, so I will be building a Rock Crawler/a little of everthing else.

I am currently a volunteer with District 8, was a volunteer with Loveland Fire Rescue until September 2005. District 8's call volume is a little slow for my liking(56 calls last year), But its FireFighting. I live on the western edge of District 2.

RescueWagon.. good talking with you the other day. Look forward to helping with the project. Just let me know when you need an extra hand.

Got bored today and started to strip the 93 Dodge down to the frame today.

After talking with Frank, John, TJ, and Ben I decided to use the dodge frame and just add the 40 body to it. So I am starting to get it ready so I can shorten the dodge frame to fit the 40 to it.

Minipigg, I don't have your phone number so could you either call me or pm me your phone number. Thanks.

Rescue Wagon said:
Got bored today and started to strip the 93 Dodge down to the frame today.

After talking with Frank, John, TJ, and Ben I decided to use the dodge frame and just add the 40 body to it. So I am starting to get it ready so I can shorten the dodge frame to fit the 40 to it.

Minipigg, I don't have your phone number so could you either call me or pm me your phone number. Thanks.

Gosh I was on earlier... you must have posted after I left... I sent you a pm... next time send me a pm and I will call you.... its 2250 so Im not going to bother calling you this late at night.... if you are like me though you are proably still up working on the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom