Programming lx570 credit card key 08-15 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so i recently bought a keycard from this online lexus dealer, i was getting tired of carrying the keyfob so i bought a credit card key its a easy programming with techstream.

(I tried to take a video but was kinda hard doing it with one hand, I just took pictures)

Step 1: starting up techstream
Step 2: double click on "smart access"
Step 3: double click on "utility"
Step 4: double click on "smart code registration"
Step 5: screen will pop up and check on all four instructions, press next
Step 6: it will tell you how many keys you can and already registered
Step 7: read the instructions
Step 8: select "start"
Step 9: 30 secs to place the registered key on the start/stop button YOU WILL HEAR A BEEP SOUND (right after that make sure the registered key isn't inside or near the vehicle)
Step 10: place the new credit card key on the start/stop button it will start beeping
Step 11: credit card key is registered

Before going into step 12 make sure the old key is not near the vehicle so you can test the new credit card key

Step 12: test the new credit card key. Start the engine/shut off the engine, lock the doors with the buttons, unlock the doors.

IMG_3566.jpeg

IMG_3567.jpeg

IMG_3568.jpeg

IMG_3570.jpeg

IMG_3571.jpeg

Last edited:
Might I ask where you got your techstream and cable from? I seem to remember there being some issues with some of the commonly available ones out there limiting functionality or just not working.

Might I ask where you got your techstream and cable from? I seem to remember there being some issues with some of the commonly available ones out there limiting functionality or just not working.
I bought mine like 3 years ago from this guy write up about techstream

Very cool, I bought a used smartkey, can I erase the previous owners info on the used one using techstream as well?
AFAIK used keys are already programmed and locked to a vehicle. That means you have to unlock the key to be able to programe it to your truck.
Someone posted here using a service on eBay: Unlock SERVICE For Lexus Smart Card Proximity Remote - Unlock SERVICE For Lexus Smart Card Proximity Remote HYQ14CBB HYQ14ABB HYQ14AEB | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/401474922353

Very cool, I bought a used smartkey, can I erase the previous owners info on the used one using techstream as well?
No, you have to have a locksmith delete the key information and
you need a locksmith to delete the vehicle information on the card so you can be able to program it.

Is there a way to program it without tech stream? I only have one key I’m thinking of getting this. How thick is it, can you put it in your wallet without feeling it in your butt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom