Programming LX470 Key Fob (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I went to a local locksmith, he made me a new key but then he said it could not enter the programming mode again….he could not program a second key…then he disconnected the battery and waited 20 minutes and tried again and still could reprogram my original key…so now I have two keys that can start the car but only one where the remote FOB works….basically I have backup key to use with the car in case I lose the new key but only one FOB that can run for daily use…the locksmith said it might be the case that the car is not allowing more than one FOB to get programmed at the same time…hard to believe that…any other work around?

Before going to the locksmith, I was able to delete all the FOBs based on the process mentioned on the reply above…but then could not make my original key working back…

I went to a local locksmith, he made me a new key but then he said it could not enter the programming mode again….he could not program a second key…then he disconnected the battery and waited 20 minutes and tried again and still could reprogram my original key…so now I have two keys that can start the car but only one where the remote FOB works….basically I have backup key to use with the car in case I lose the new key but only one FOB that can run for daily use…the locksmith said it might be the case that the car is not allowing more than one FOB to get programmed at the same time…hard to believe that…any other work around?

Before going to the locksmith, I was able to delete all the FOBs based on the process mentioned on the reply above…but then could not make my original key working back…
I meant he could not reprogram my original key

Thread's a bit old I know, but just letting folks know I just used this on my '02 LX and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Thread's a bit old I know, but just letting folks know I just used this on my '02 LX and it worked perfectly. Thanks!
FUN Fact - and dogpiling on this thread that's 6+ years old. I have a bad driver's door LOCK/UNLOCK Key Sensor in my 2000 LX 470, (or a cut wire in the door hinge/harness) and my locksmith was not able to get the LX into program mode. utilizing the OP's sequence, AND utilizing a passenger side manual LOCK/UNLOCK sequence, I was able to get it into programming mode. Just FYI for anyone thinking it HAS to be the driver's only door to get it into programming mode, manually locking/unlocking the PASSENGER door also worked. I'll replace the sensor/repair door harness at some point, but wanted a quick fix for the new key remote.

Last edited:
I used these instructions to link my key fobs to tge vehicle with one small change. In step 10 my vehicle locked and unlocked twice indication that it failed. All I had to do was go straight back to step 9 and try again and they programmed successfully. I added that note the instructions below
  1. Lock all doors
  2. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, UNLOCK and OPEN driver's door
  3. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn) and then remove the key
  4. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  5. Close the door, then open the door
  6. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  7. Insert key into ignition and turn to ON then OFF once, the remove key
  8. The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself 5 times, signaling it is in programming mode.
  9. Simultaneously press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote you want to program
  10. Press and hold the LOCK button on the remote you want to program for about 2 seconds until you hear the locks lock and unlock. This is a confirmation that it worked. If it locks and unlocks twice, the programming has failed. (If the programming fails in this manner on your first try go straight back to step 9 and try again)
  11. Repeat steps 9-10 for each additional key that you want to program.
  12. Close the driver's door or insert the key into the ignition to exit programming mode

Hi, new member here, sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask. I have an 02 LX I just purchased and I have new keys cut and techstream but I need the correct transponder chip which from what I've read is the 4D67 TP29. Can someone please point me to the correct chip to purchase? I'm looking on Ali since the prices are right but not seeing these exact specs. Thanks

I was able to get the proper chip(s) going through these guys

Thanks jLB. It looks like a 50 piece minimum on the 4d67. If it says 4D67, is it a TP29? That's what is confusing me.

Thanks jLB. It looks like a 50 piece minimum on the 4d67. If it says 4D67, is it a TP29? That's what is confusing me.

A number of years ago, I was able to get a 10pk of 4D67 (worked on my son’s 00 LC), and a 10pk of 4d68 (worked on my 06 LX). I remember trading a few messages back & forth, they figured it out, and sent the right parts.

A number of years ago, I was able to get a 10pk of 4D67 (worked on my son’s 00 LC), and a 10pk of 4d68 (worked on my 06 LX). I remember trading a few messages back & forth, they figured it out, and sent the right parts.
I'll reach out to them. Thanks again

@txnight Success! Programmed my 99 LX470 using your instructions. Much appreciated

I used these instructions to link my key fobs to tge vehicle with one small change. In step 10 my vehicle locked and unlocked twice indication that it failed. All I had to do was go straight back to step 9 and try again and they programmed successfully. I added that note the instructions below
  1. Lock all doors
  2. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, UNLOCK and OPEN driver's door
  3. Insert key into the ignition (do not turn) and then remove the key
  4. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  5. Close the door, then open the door
  6. Using driver's door MANUAL lock lever, LOCK and UNLOCK door 5 times
  7. Insert key into ignition and turn to ON then OFF once, the remove key
  8. The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself 5 times, signaling it is in programming mode.
  9. Simultaneously press and release the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote you want to program
  10. Press and hold the LOCK button on the remote you want to program for about 2 seconds until you hear the locks lock and unlock. This is a confirmation that it worked. If it locks and unlocks twice, the programming has failed. (If the programming fails in this manner on your first try go straight back to step 9 and try again)
  11. Repeat steps 9-10 for each additional key that you want to program.
  12. Close the driver's door or insert the key into the ignition to exit programming mode
^^^This procedure worked for me to program the locks on my 2002 LX470.

On a side not, if anyone is looking for a flip style key, I just received this one from Taiwan. Key was cut by photo and it works perfectly. The flip key fells solid and the material feels alot sturdier than my old plastic OEM key fob. It took about three weeks to received from Taiwan. The seller offers a few other style of flip keys also.

Last edited:
That is a nice key. How's the distance and responsiveness? I had one fob I need to be right at the truck also took multiple clicks to get it to open all locks.

That is a nice key. How's the distance and responsiveness? I had one fob I need to be right at the truck also took multiple clicks to get it to open all locks.
I haven’t noticed any difference in range or functionality from the OEM remote. It seems to have the same range, but admittedly I didn’t test the range. Just went about my normal routine today and all seemed to function normally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom