Procedures for removing Side Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please post the correct procedures for removing the side mirrors, so that I can attach my ventvisors?

TIA :beer:

whats a vent visor?

i imagine all years are similar, take your door panel off, remove the black triangle in the corner of the window (plastic thing). remove the screws underneath it.
find the wire that attaches to the mirror in the door panel and disconnect it.

Ventvisors are the plastic bugshield-like things that go above your windows, so that you can have your windows slightly open...if raining...smoking...etc...

Thorvald, is there anyway to get access to the screws without removing the door panel? Anyway to just remove the black plastic cap?

No need to remove the trim panel unless you need to disconnect the electrical. Just a well placed screwdriver will pop off the "triangle" in order to get at the bolts.

[quote author=Draken link=board=2;threadid=9649;start=msg84736#msg84736 date=1073289776]
Ventvisors are the plastic bugshield-like things that go above your windows, so that you can have your windows slightly open...if raining...smoking...etc...

Thorvald, is there anyway to get access to the screws without removing the door panel? Anyway to just remove the black plastic cap?

[/quote]

Draken,

I have them. Why do you want to remove the mirror. Usually the can be fitted without problems. They are glued to the window frame. Don't use screws to fix them or you will get a lot of problems, like rust water in the door and so on. But they are nice and give the car a nice finish.

Mike

Thanks PPC...I was going to try that, but wanted to know that it was possible to "pop" them off w/ a screwdriver first, before needing to contact CDan for replacement triangles.... :slap:

The black triangles need to come off before the trim panels can be removed. They will break about half the time no matter how careful you are. the colder the temperature the more likely they are to break.

Hi CDan,

Thanks for your tips on the ventvisor installation...Just out of curiosity, how much are the black triangles? (fingers crossed).

And because I received extremely poor instructions...does the following outline the correct install procedure?

1). Warm up black black triangles with a hair dryer
2). Carefully use a flat edge screwdriver to pry off the triangle
3). Remove the trim piece to gain access to the screws
4). After screw removal proceed with install of ventvisors.

TIA

edit: I was able to get the trim pieces off w/ out any breakage...the rest was easy.

Here are a couple of pics of the back of the trim piece so you can see how it is attached.

FZJ80 Side Mirror Trim Piece.jpg
FZJ80 Side Mirror.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom