1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Procedures for removing Side Mirrors

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Draken, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Draken

Draken

Media:
    Can someone please post the correct procedures for removing the side mirrors, so that I can attach my ventvisors?

TIA :beer:

2. thorvald

thorvald .......

Media:
    Albums:
    whats a vent visor?

i imagine all years are similar, take your door panel off, remove the black triangle in the corner of the window (plastic thing). remove the screws underneath it.
    find the wire that attaches to the mirror in the door panel and disconnect it.

3. Draken

Draken

Media:
    Ventvisors are the plastic bugshield-like things that go above your windows, so that you can have your windows slightly open...if raining...smoking...etc...

Thorvald, is there anyway to get access to the screws without removing the door panel? Anyway to just remove the black plastic cap?

4. ppc

ppc M Go Blue

No need to remove the trim panel unless you need to disconnect the electrical. Just a well placed screwdriver will pop off the "triangle" in order to get at the bolts.

5. Asiarider

Asiarider

[quote author=Draken link=board=2;threadid=9649;start=msg84736#msg84736 date=1073289776]
    Ventvisors are the plastic bugshield-like things that go above your windows, so that you can have your windows slightly open...if raining...smoking...etc...

Thorvald, is there anyway to get access to the screws without removing the door panel? Anyway to just remove the black plastic cap?

[/quote]

Draken,

I have them. Why do you want to remove the mirror. Usually the can be fitted without problems. They are glued to the window frame. Don't use screws to fix them or you will get a lot of problems, like rust water in the door and so on. But they are nice and give the car a nice finish.

Mike

6. Draken

Draken

Media:
    Thanks PPC...I was going to try that, but wanted to know that it was possible to "pop" them off w/ a screwdriver first, before needing to contact CDan for replacement triangles.... :slap:

7. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Surrounded by Cruisers from all over the world
    The black triangles need to come off before the trim panels can be removed. They will break about half the time no matter how careful you are. the colder the temperature the more likely they are to break.

8. Draken

Draken

Media:
    Hi CDan,

Thanks for your tips on the ventvisor installation...Just out of curiosity, how much are the black triangles? (fingers crossed).

And because I received extremely poor instructions...does the following outline the correct install procedure?

1). Warm up black black triangles with a hair dryer
    2). Carefully use a flat edge screwdriver to pry off the triangle
    3). Remove the trim piece to gain access to the screws
    4). After screw removal proceed with install of ventvisors.

TIA

edit: I was able to get the trim pieces off w/ out any breakage...the rest was easy.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">