PRINSU ROOF RACK INSTALL. 03 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_6460.jpg

I REMOVED OEM ROOF RACK BUT ONLY HAS 4 MOUNTING POINTS. 98-2000 LX470 HAS THE 6 MOUNTING POINTS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE PICS ON HOW THEY INSTALLED YOURS. RIVNUTS? THIS MIGHT BE MY ONLY OPTION AS I WANT TO USE ALL 6 MOUNTING POINTS NOT JUST 4. ANY HELP OR IDEAS WOULD HELP. I WILL POST WHAT I DID.

TOYOTA MOULDING ROOF DRIP
75557-60010

CUT 2 HOLES FOR THE SPACER TO GO THRU IT.
20200210_182713.jpg

I think this is what you're asking: pull up some of the rubber trim along the roof channel to expose the remaining (factory) mounting points. There should be 8 in total, and the Prinsu you have should line up without issue.

I think this is what you're asking: pull up some of the rubber trim along the roof channel to expose the remaining (factory) mounting points. There should be 8 in total, and the Prinsu you have should line up without issue.

THANKS FOR QUICK REPLY I WILL DO THAT AND CHECK TODAY. STARTED LATE LAST NIGHT I DIDNT REMOVE THAT TRIM.

Harbor Freight grommets

I went to home depot they wanted almost $2 each went to Harbor freight to get the tool to makes the holes and found these worked perfect the 1'grommet and for $5 the whole set. Now I have grommets for ever lol
20200212_190523.jpg
20200212_190511.jpg

I HAD TO CUT THE GROMMET ON THE BOTTOM END FOR THE SPACER TO SIT RIGHT I USED SCISSORS TO CUT THE GROMMET. I WILL PUT SEALANT ON THE BOTTOM
20200212_190503.jpg
20200212_182637.jpg

Do you guys know if circled part black piece comes off. Looks glued on but havent tried taking it off yet.
20200214_113156.jpg

Pry it off, i pried mine off so the rack sits a little big lower. After you pry it make sure the paint isn't broken or else it'll rust, treat it with something.

Great looking cruiser bud

thanks not hard to install roof rack once u gwt going. Just make sure u pit alot of silicone sealer on spacer.

Yep, had mine for over and year and haven't noticed any leaks yet, i used a lot of silicone when i installed mine.

Looks great! Ordered one for our 05 LX470 a few weeks ago and have it sitting in the garage waiting to go on once I heal up from a hand surgery.

FWIW, I ordered mine from these guys at Venture Overland. Free shipping and avoided sales tax. Saved me around $100. It drop-shipped directly from Prinsu and I got it in less than a week after I placed the order (I'm in Southern Utah)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom