Pricing, post SEMA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Pricing, post SEMA?

Did anyone who went to SEMA get a feel from Toyota about the price range? I've heard everything from low of $18K to a high of $30K, that's one heck of a range.

The end answer is probably that we still don't know but it doesn't hurt to ask. :D

-Granger

Last edited:
$18K - $30K seems about right when you consider a stripped 2WD on the low end and a loaded 4WD on the high end.

$25 to $30 fully loaded

Thanks! I really hope a "fully loaded" version does not creep over $30K. Got to have some money left for mods.......

When did $25,000 become reasonable for a base model, minimalist vehicle?

Just wondering.

Panzer said:

at the same time side curtain airbags and ABS systems became near-required equipment...

IMO, "minimalist" is impossible with today's government requirements...and about the only "minimal" item on the FJ Cruiser is the carpet/upholstery...

frankly, I'd be surprised if the rubberish interior was cheaper than carpet...it's much "friendlier" for cleaning, but likely equally expensive to produce.

woody said:
at the same time side curtain airbags and ABS systems became near-required equipment...

IMO, "minimalist" is impossible with today's government requirements...and about the only "minimal" item on the FJ Cruiser is the carpet/upholstery...

frankly, I'd be surprised if the rubberish interior was cheaper than carpet...it's much "friendlier" for cleaning, but likely equally expensive to produce.

Agree. Automotive minimalism is more a name for a car-category anymore than an actual strict description.

Like Woody said, OEM's are hand-tied in just how minimal they can get.

Jeep offers a lot less than the FJ in their Rubicon, in interior, exterior, and mechanics, and they price out around there as well.

It's just the cost of the game these days.

Panzer said:

Just wondering.

When Greenspan decided that dropping money out of a helicopter was the best way to run an economy?

Just a guess.

Cheers,
prat

The Arizona AAA Nov monthly magazine estimates $29K, available in Spr '06.

praetorian said:
When Greenspan decided that dropping money out of a helicopter was the best way to run an economy?

Just a guess.

Cheers,
prat

:confused: When exactly did Greenspan decide this?

I heard $18k-$25k.

The tacoma is almost 30k for the extra-cab, 4wd, auto... the 4 door is even more. I dont see the FJ being as much as the Tacomas. In fact, they will probably be more. I can see these getting up to 35-38K fully loaded.

It will be interesting to see if they make an FJ as low as 20K with the 4wd and locking diff's.

They have to compete w/ the Xterra and Jeep buyers so that's the price range they have to be in. Of course the first 6 mo. price gouging will be in full effect at the stealerships I'm sure.

SR71-FJ said:
...they will probably be more. I can see these getting up to 35-38K fully loaded.

I don't think so. :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see if they make an FJ as low as 20K with the 4wd and locking diff's.
I don't think so. :rolleyes:

:) :D

FirstToy said:
They have to compete w/ the Xterra and Jeep buyers so that's the price range they have to be in. Of course the first 6 mo. price gouging will be in full effect at the stealerships I'm sure.

Makes sense. Only thing is that I think the person looking at an FJ might also be considering a Tacoma. Seems that the drivetrain will be VERY similar (in some cases, the same). They both can seat the same # of people and both have about the same space for storage (with the Tacoma having the edge). With that being said, I think the Tacoma pricing will dictate the pricing of the FJ.

I also wouldn't be surprised that as the release date draws near you'll see Toyota marketing this vehicle quite a bit, using all of the offroad testing data as a reason to charge more than Nissan and Jeep. Of course, this is just speculation and we'll eventually find out when we sign the loan papers! :cheers:

Tha Tacoma is a pick up, the FJ C is a SWB suv, not really too much competition between them, though there will be some. The FJ C is essentially a 4runner with shortened frame and different body, much more likely competition, but it will be slotted below the 4r and will therefore be cheaper, that is how they will keep from competing with themselves too much. I'm sure there will be dealers charging exorbitant "additional profit" for ~6 months 'til supply/demand balances out, so be careful :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom