Pre-purchase Paint Advice (200 Series Door Sill Paint Wear) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, new member looking for a bit of advice. Eyeing closing the deal on a 200 Series. Everything checks out with the exception of some heavy wear in the driver door sill area and side skirt.

I‘ve never seen this kind of wear before, but wanted to know if anyone has experience in correcting similar paint issues. I‘m sure a competent paint shop could make easy work of this, but curious to opinions and cost estimates before pulling the trigger.

0663DAE6-6702-4D0A-9F55-8DD4D7426EA7.jpeg

When I was looking at gx models last month i noticed wear/tear like that on one truck I was considering. Like someone had dug a high heel and even dented it in. It only had 19k miles but the owner was rough all over. I guess the owner dragged their feet a certain way getting in again and again.
I had to teach my wife years back where I wanted her to touch getting into and out of my fj cruiser. The black trim paint where one naturally closed the door fades fast with human skin oils. (I’m anal about my Toyota’s haha)

I would ask around a decent paint shop could probably cover it/blend it. I’m not sure what would be best. Maybe alittle clean up and touch up paint and you would forget about it. Are you sure it goes through the paint color. That It’s not a scuff on top than can be removed with scratch remover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom