Pre 2003 XM installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I've been searching high and low for anything that would point me in the right direction for an XM satellite install in an LX470 2002 with Navigation, but with no luck. I understand that the SLX from VAIS might work, but you would sacrifice the "text on screen" option. I can live with (or without) that. Has anybody actually done this install successfully or unsuccessfully?
It would be nice not to have to use FM modulation.

Does anybody know where in Canada the SLX unit can be bought?

Thanks,

Par
Vancouver

I bought a Vais unit for my 2004 w/Nav and could never get it to work. Many other guys have been able to. I used a small head unit (Commander MT) and mounted it where the ashtray is. It is a nice install. After that, I bought a SpecUSA PA-12 input device and plugged it in to the back of my Nav. It shows up as a CD. You don't get any text, but i have the XM head unit for that.

Pros: Great digital sound, easy as pie to install, second Aux input for my ipod, maintains all the functionality of the XM head unit including remote

Cons: XM head unit is still there so it is not quite as tidy. But where I put mine, it is out of the way and most folks don't even know it is there.

I'm looking into the Pa-12 as well. The guy selling them is trying to find out if they will fit a 2002 LX470. He thinks I need a special connector. It says on the website that the Pa-12 is only good for Lexus from 2004-2007 so we'll see. If I get it to work I will post the results.

Par

I'm looking into the Pa-12 as well. The guy selling them is trying to find out if they will fit a 2002 LX470. He thinks I need a special connector. It says on the website that the Pa-12 is only good for Lexus from 2004-2007 so we'll see. If I get it to work I will post the results.

Par

call crutchfield. those guys rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom