Powersteering help. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can powesteering be installed on a H or 2H? if so what has to be done to make it work? Thank for any help.

for sure, my 2h in HJ75 has it. What type of truck do you have, will need to supply details unless everyone knows all ready, cheers

The motor is in a 40 series cruiser, dont know if thats a stock setup or conversion someone did. I dont know if its a h or 2h it has a single pulley, water pump and alternator thats it.

I dont think a 40 was ever released with a H diesel although it would have been a good combo:D

Im pretty sure all Landcruisers have the engine type stamped in 2 inch letters on the side of the block somewhere.

The 2H had power steering and has some mounting bolt holes for the pump somewhere but I dont think the H has them although it maybe possible to tap them into the block.

You will need the dual pulley. It probably bolts onto the existing pulley like other toyota diesels.

My 2H engine have a PS pump botom righ side of the block in front of my Diesel inyector pump .. also 2 holes in the block allow the bracket.

My opinion is .. the Toyota PS pumps are not the better options that you can get, no for big tires .. so I'm not sure if the HJ-45 comes with PS pump in the same place as my 2H.

If you get space do a special custom bracket to allow an aftermarket PS pump ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom