powdercoating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys,

Make sure you don't sand blast the rims but "glass bead blast" them. Sand is too harsh for alloy rims.

Happy Friday,

Ali
:cheers:

ps anyone know of a decent powdercoater in the chicagoland area?

I just did a post on Powder coating and the feed back was exellent. We have been powdercoating restorations for some time and recently was informed on the products lasting strength.

We always thought Por 15 and powder coating was the end all in restorations, after a short blurb by one fo the viewers who did his own salt spray testing he proved me wrong.

My personal preference is expoxy from what I have read with a decent top coat that will stand up better to the UVs.

Rob

[quote author=lagwagon link=board=2;threadid=13709;start=msg127315#msg127315 date=1080284522]
Kumar, I can't believe how cheap that place is. Can you ask how big their oven is for me or email me the name of the shop? I went with 60% semi-gloss and uv protection but to be honest they look good with brake dust so it looks flat.
[/quote]

The place is called Rogers Manufacturing Inc in Olathe, KS (greater Kansas City area).

They mostly do industrial work so I would assume their ovens are of great size. I saw some pretty big loads out front ready to be taken in for powdercoating. He also said he could do my sliders and bumpers with no problem.

Also, are you suggesting that I go with the extra price for Matte Black? Does anyone know the sheen of ARB bull bars? They look to be semigloss. I probably want to match the bumpers/silders/custom rear bumper i'm going to make/wheels.

Kumar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom