Powder Coated factory 18" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Satin Black Powder Coated factory 18" with KO2s. What uz rekn?
20190920_124749.jpg
20190920_145130.jpg

Hard to beat that! Look great. Did you buy them powder coated? If not what’s the ballpark on 4 (or 5) rims minus the dismount/remount for the tires?

Hard to beat that! Look great. Did you buy them powder coated? If not what’s the ballpark on 4 (or 5) rims minus the dismount/remount for the tires?

FWIW, powder coating costs are all over the board. Seems an average of $100 a wheel just for blast/powder is normal. Plan on $12-$18 a wheel to dismount and mount.

Les Schwab for years charged under $30 to powdercoat a wheel. They just changed how they do it and charge for a primer. Still not a bad deal at about $50 per wheel. Special colors have a small upcharge.
And they do a good job. They've done two sets for me:

20190807_130115.jpg

20190628_155138.jpg

FWIW, powder coating costs are all over the board. Seems an average of $100 a wheel just for blast/powder is normal. Plan on $12-$18 a wheel to dismount and mount.

Les Schwab for years charged under $30 to powdercoat a wheel. They just changed how they do it and charge for a primer. Still not a bad deal at about $50 per wheel. Special colors have a small upcharge.

View attachment 2087285

View attachment 2087286
Ooh come on someone put white wheels on a 200 :p

If anyone is considering powder coating, definitely check out Les Schwab if you have one nearby. Takes about a week as they send out all the PC jobs to Oregon. They have a decent number of colors available for the $50 price (includes blasting, primer and powder).

If anyone is considering powder coating, definitely check out Les Schwab if you have one nearby. Takes about a week as they send out all the PC jobs to Oregon. They have a decent number of colors available for the $50 price (includes blasting, primer and powder).
I talked to Les last year and this was not the case at my local store. They said they'd never heard of this service.

I talked to Les last year and this was not the case at my local store. They said they'd never heard of this service.

Some are unaware, but there is a central # for the powder coating that has all the info.

View attachment 2087285

View attachment 2087286
I know in this section I’m supposed to be excited and compliment the awesome FJ, and it’s very cool, no doubt. That pickup, OMG! That thing is SO sweet, really nice work. A buddy had one a year or two out of high school. As 20 year olds in ‘84 (18yr old drinking then) you can bet we have no reason to be alive. That thing was tough as nails and we proved it. For me it lives on as one of the most fun vehicles I recall. Prior to that truck my only interest in getting off road was on date night. Thanks for stirring the memory and again, great looking truck, nice work.

Sorry for the off-topic.

Here in CO they charge $150 a wheel to send off to Powder Coat.

Here in CO they charge $150 a wheel to send off to Powder Coat.

I should have noted that some Les Schwabs mark up a ton. Here is Spokane, 3 of 4 Les Schwab dealerships charged the same ($36 at the time, but not about $50). One wanted something over $100 per wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom