powder coat color match (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Amyone got a color match for the stock LX wheel color, preferrably in Cardinal or Prismatic powder coat colors? I've got a pearl white LX with stock alloys. As I do bumpers, roof rack, and sliders, I want them all to match the rims.

I've searched and I've gone to a powder coat shop and looked at color chips, but I didnt get a lot of help, and I don't trust my eyes. I want to get it right the first time.

The best I've got is Prismatic "way black" metal which is lighter gun metal grey or "black/silver" vein. The latter is a textured black on silver color, which obviously won't match exactly, but seems like a decent fall back.

Prismatic will send you 5 free swatches so you can test the match.

I dont really see the reason to try and match the stock color. If you are doing all the wheels then pick any color you want. No one will notice if its anything close. If you are only doing some of the wheels and trying to match, then no matter what, It probably wont look the same.

Thanks.

To be clear, I'm not planning on powder coating the rims. I like them as they are. I want to match colors for coating new bumpers, etc.

Pick up a gallon of roll-on bed liner. It's inexpensive, easy to work with, and there's plenty to do any touch ups or additional items in the future. It's also very durable and provides a great non-slip surface.

Pick up a gallon of roll-on bed liner. It's inexpensive, easy to work with, and there's plenty to do any touch ups or additional items in the future. It's also very durable and provides a great non-slip surface.
The type of guy that is worried about color matching bumpers and rims is definitely not the type of person that puts bed-liner on their rig. we are talking about two very different people with very different purposes for their rigs.

I might be in that narrow population that both wants to match the factory color and/or would consider painting all aftermarket metal and the stock rims with bed liner. I've been kicking this idea around all day.

i want a quality finish that i will remain in good cosmetic and functional condition protecting the base metal after years against wind, rain, sun, and the occasion brush with the bush. It depends a lot on both the durability of the bed liner and how well it can get into tight spaces.

If the bedliner can hold up and get into the tight spaces and look good, I could go that route. While I wasn't interested in paying good money to apply a new powder coat to my rims, I'm open to paint the rims the same color as the bumpers if the result is good and cost is low.

It looks like bedliner will yield a rough texture and non metalic finish. I think I can live with that so long as the finish isn't matte and is durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom