For Sale Potential good buy for somebody - 2007 w/ 116K miles needs body work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My wife wrecked my LC and I took a settlement from the insurance company, but the truck is now for sale. I get nothing from anyone buying this - I've already been bought out and have no connection to the sale - but I hate seeing it go to waste. Here is a link to the auction at IAAI. The IAA stock number is 27552815:

Details on the car: It's a 2007 with 116K miles that was in great condition. I completed the nav system conversion just a couple months before the crash, so this has a fully modern stereo with Apple CarPlay and the google equivalent, plus a new amplifier, all new speakers, etc. I'm the second owner. I bought the car in Seattle in 2010 and shipped it to Phoenix where it has been since. There is no rust at all. The combination of the low miles, no rust, good condition (before the wreck of course), and the nav conversion work make this a very unique car for somebody.

The wreck and aftermath: This was a 3 car accident so both the front and rear bumpers were damaged as well as the hood and both front quarter panels. There was no structural damage to the frame, suspension, engine, etc., but there was some damage to the radiator, radiator fan and clutch, and some nearby parts. Later tonight I'll try and post a full report from the body shop.

This went back and forth between me, the body shop, and the insurance company multiple times about whether it was going to be repaired or totaled. Long story short, the body shop screwed up and started doing repairs even though nobody ever gave them permission as I was still negotiating with the insurance company for payout amounts. The end result was I got paid to walk away and the insurance company paid the body shop for whatever work they already completed. I do not know what they did, but from the photos it's possible they had already sourced some parts (can't tell).

The body shop was 100% convinced the repairs were easy and would result in a fully reliable car, in fact probably better than it was before since the expensive damage was just cosmetic but they were replacing some of the cooling system stuff with new. The home run for this car would be to ditch the cost of repairing the OEM bumpers and go straight to aftermarket stuff anyway.

I can testify to the condition of the car before the wreck, but I don't know what happened once the body shop and salvage yard got hold of it. Since I don't own an LC any longer, I am unlikely to check this board often, but I'll try to log on occasionally and answer questions if anyone wants to pick up this car. Again - I have no affiliation with this car any longer and just wanted to let LC enthusiasts know about an opportunity to pick up a low mileage truck that needs some work AND that already had the nav system converted to a modern system.

I just looked over the estimate, it seems quite reasonable at $14k considering damage as far as I can tell. Its also at a per hr labor rate of only $52, that's less than half rates in CA. So, your cost savings would be finding used parts where applicable but that still requires painting and much of the missing stuff is 2005 or newer only or even 06-07 only so those aren't as easy to find.

And just like that, $10K

Cruiser.jpg

I just looked over the estimate, it seems quite reasonable at $14k considering damage as far as I can tell. Its also at a per hr labor rate of only $52, that's less than half rates in CA. So, your cost savings would be finding used parts where applicable but that still requires painting and much of the missing stuff is 2005 or newer only or even 06-07 only so those aren't as easy to find.

If the buyer has any remorse, I'll gladly take it off their hands for an instant $2k profit. Pissed at myself that I haven't been on MUD more....

I'd gladly pay 10 for that, doesn't look like much work at all. Hope someone from Mud bought it

the heavy lifting was already done.

what a disaster
see the vin in 30 days at 25k USD in Houston. IF there were 5000 LC units from 5/2005-8/2007, which there aren't never mind.
Read the 2006 curtain airbag thread.

no matter what accident I get in I will never let it go without a buy back no matter what accident I get in I will never let it go without a buy back no matter what accident I get in I will never let it go without a buy back no matter what accident I get in I will never let it go without a buy back no matter what accident I get in I will never let it go without a buy back no matter what accident I get in I will never let it go without a buy back

I just raised my sell at the gas station minimum offer to 25k

Last edited:
Did anyone hear what this ended up selling for? Hopefully it went to somebody on this board?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom