Post a pic of your rig... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Met up with Shawn Hogan today in his 76 FJ40, what a beast. 454 with automatic sitting on 38 inch swampers. Hope to get you in here Shawn. I look forward to catching up to you again soon.:)

Larry Landry
PIC-0024 700x500.jpg
PIC-0026 700x500.jpg

very nice:smokin:

:eek:

Wow! Super cool. What's the story behind this rig? Where'd you meet him? Looks like you're across the street from Fresh Pickins'. Can't say that I've ever seen that one around.

Sitting at a light on Camelia and saw him pass buy on Kaliste Saloom so I'm weaving in and out of traffic with all of my 100 horses of Corolla to catch him. LOL. He's from Monroe and drove it down to Lafayette to work for Halliburton, the truck is from Utah but still has Washington plates on it. Its way off from original, but he wants to bring it back to more the original look. Mods I noticed of course the 454, automatic tranny, lift springs are still under the axles with 3+ inch schackles, glass hood, cable actuated locker from the cab, PS Saginaw conversion, custom cloth bench seat, and alot of tubing.

I hope to get him in here as I forwarded him all the club info.

LL

Awesome truck.. and nice pics from the BlackJack by the way!

:beer:

Scott

Awesome truck.. and nice pics from the BlackJack by the way!

:beer:

Scott

Technology, I'm impressed with it the few times I've used it. 1.3 MP in a phone. :)

Puc's Rig at Holley Beach

Very nice David. She sure is a beauty. Marty will be happy the 60 series guys are around.

Scott

Decide to take the old girl out today. ;p
fj1.jpg

Decide to take the old girl out today. ;p

Looking good bud, it was a nice weekend to be out cruisin. :) Did you ever get that hood from your brother:confused:

LL

Nice rig Deryl.

Looking at Puckett's rig at Holly Beach made me wonder if we couldn't do a cruise down there one day. I bet we could ride the beach right now (supposedly there's 26 miles of it) especially after Rita kind of cleaned things up, take some tours of the Creole Nature Trail, do some fishing on the beach, barbeque, etc. What do you guys think? Puckett might have some ideas too. Highway's 82 and 14 are some of the most beautiful in the state.

Nice rig Deryl.

Looking at Puckett's rig at Holly Beach made me wonder if we couldn't do a cruise down there one day. I bet we could ride the beach right now (supposedly there's 26 miles of it) especially after Rita kind of cleaned things up, take some tours of the Creole Nature Trail, do some fishing on the beach, barbeque, etc. What do you guys think? Puckett might have some ideas too. Highway's 82 and 14 are some of the most beautiful in the state.

Sounds like a perfect event for July, we'll bring it up and discuss details at the next meeting and set a date. :)

Looking good bud, it was a nice weekend to be out cruisin. :) Did you ever get that hood from your brother:confused:

LL
Yes I got the hood. Nice by the way. It was funny I swapped a couple of emailwth a guy i mississippi theat had a fj40 go underwater during Katrina. I heard from him the other day and I put two and two together and he is the guy that sold you the red fj40 and now I have the hood, Small world.

As for cruisin in the beach that sounds awesome. I will need to do my front disc conversion ASAP. I have had it with these drums, adjust, readjust.:mad: So my goal was to have this done by the expo, but the beach might kick me into gear. We need to wait and ride when the bikinis come out:cheers: Do they still do cruisin the coast if so that would be great to do as a group.

We need to wait and ride when the bikinis come out:cheers: Do they still do cruisin the coast if so that would be great to do as a group.

Sounds great :eek:

Yea! Its funny the way that worked out with the Mississppi guy, remind Scott and I to tell you the story when we see you in person with that experience. Very funny :beer: Don't buy anything that came off of his green 40, they were both under water. With the body panels you can blast, seal, and paint but be weary of anything else. The other one was full of glass too, not a whole lot of metal left. I saw where he was parting it on Ebay. His email gunsNroses or something like that. I laugh just talking about it :lol:

LL

Last edited:
Never realized there was such a large LC contingency in Louisiana.

We've been hiding :D

... got a group of guys (and one lady) and want to do it right. We're not perfect (by no stretch) but we're trying...and growing.

Enjoy

Nice rig bud, and welcome.

me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom