Possible rear bumper swap....my slee your ARB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What wall thickness are your swing arms. Yes mine are 2x2 but they are 3/16 wall tubing.

Ours is 3/16" as well.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I was just trying to point someone who is unhappy with there current set up to a set up that would better suit his needs. I know you have a lot of happy customers, but for me and a lot of others the inconvenience of your design will not work, I don't think you will ever here anyone complain thAt the 4x4 labs bumper is to easy to open. A vender that will listen to the complaints about there product and address them are the ones that I like to do business with. And it sounds like you are working on it. Looking forward to see what you guys come up with the new latch.

Yes, not arguing just pointing out that there are other design considerations involved with ours and why we have our design the way it is.

I can see that the 4k latch does not have the pinch point due to the size.

I guess poor design was prob not the rite words to use on my part. I'm sure you have good reasons why you build it the way you do. Your right, a poor design for my needs may be a perfect design for others.

You must miss that truck by now!
I do! But I've missed every vehicle iv sold. Though I miss it I do not regret the switch to the100! The 100 fits my family's needs much better.

I have an almost 6 y/o and an almost 3 y/o. My BIO rear bumper requires me to use two hands just like the slee rear bumper. I've had my bumper on the truck since before the 3 y/o was born. I've never had a problem with access to the rear of the truck when I have my kids with just me because before i load the truck with stuff from costco or home depot, I put the kids in the truck first or take the kids out second if i have to remove stuff. There really isn't a place other than a mall that doesn't have a shopping cart that requires me to have to juggle the kids and whatever i buy. Even if i'm at the mall, wheeling over speedbumps, i'm always able to get the kids in first and then open the rear. just my .02.

FWIW, the main reason I went with a BIOR was the relatively easy one handed operation. You can undo the latch, then pull up the pin and pull the arm out all with one hand. The other arm can be busy carrying some groceries, a case of beer, or a small child. I have tested the first two options but not the third. (yet!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom