Possible cause of no sound for radio? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My amp went out in my LX it has crackles and pops. There is no volume control etc normal stuff. I spoke to OEM audio inc the gentleman said the amps are very robust they usually die from two things. First is liquid damage the second is from the fans getting clogged up and overheating as this forum shows.

He said if you can hear the fans on the amplifier running and there is no volume and/or the dvd screens on the headrests do not turn, on there may be another ecu thats the culprit. There is a ecu under the passenger seat that may be fried which is causing problems with the canbus communication between the head unit and amp.

Does this sound plausible? Could this be some peoples answer to no sound even after repairing the amp? Oh also they want $545 to repair the amp I am pretty sure $500ish.

This thread may help - saw it in "similar threads."

Please keep us updated. When I took my LX on a long bumpy forest road, the same issue came up next day. Took it to the dealer to diagnose but it "magically" fixed itself. Car is under warranty so I'm guessing they found a loose connection and just didn't charge me. All is good now and I've been off road a few times since.

When you look at the audio balance page, is the balance fade set to the lower right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom