SOLD Portland Oregon, 97 lx450 3x locked 180k not mine (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That looks like a real nice solid truck!

Yah I would buy this myself and sell for a little profit after baseline, but don’t wanna be a flipper!

From the sticker, $950 for the locking diffs. Wow, what a difference 25 years makes both in tech and price.

From the sticker, $950 for the locking diffs. Wow, what a difference 25 years makes both in tech and price.

I've thought about that a lot myself. I was telling a family member about how desirable 80 series with the "magic dial" where, and she asked "why didn't they all have that option if it's so desirable then?"

At the time, I said "must have been a cost thing" but then later, I saw an original window sticker, and learned just how relatively cheap the lockers where. Adjusted for inflation, $950 in 1997 is equivalent to $1557... When you consider that the 80 Series LC was positioned as a premium, serious offroader, and how expensive it was to start, it seems crazy that lockers wouldn't be standard while, say, leather effectively became standard on US-spec Toyota badged 80's and was standard on Lexus badged versions. May of well have just thrown in the lockers when you consider the price-to-performance benefit was astronomical, and increased the base price a little bit to account for it. This isn't a Wrangler, Toyota did not seem interested in selling "stripper" Cruisers in America at this point - people who wanted a cheaper Toyota 4x4 could just get a 4Runner. With that in mind, why not load it up fully - including lockers?

Back on topic to the vehicle at hand: I wonder how long this one will take to sell (assuming no hidden problems of course) and if they get full asking price. The 80 series market seems to have exploded over the course of the last year, plus this particular example is in the PNW, where good Toyota 4x4's are particularly highly valued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom