Poly vs. Rubber (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I'm in need of replacing my spring bushings, and was debating between rubber, or upgrading to poly bushings. Are they really as good as they say, and is it worth the $$ to do the upgrade? Pros, cons? I have heard rumors of squeeking issues. Any truth? Lay it out for me. Whatcha think?:cheers:

Poly will not rot within your lifetime. Yes it squeeks if you dont lube it (get the greasable shackles to remedy). Rubber/Poly they're both relatively cheap.

I have yet to run them in my 60.I have run them in a chebby IFS pickup and a Scout 2.I have never had any problems with them squeaking.I once read in an old four wheeler rag to scuff sand all the shiney coating off of the inside and the outside of the bushings and to grease them up before installing them.For me that has worked.As far as is it worth it to change to them?Welp the Scout was metal on metal and I was installing a lift on the pickup so that kind of changed stuff up any way.The truck did seem to be less mushy and more responsive. That may have just been from lift(RCD with bilsteins), but I really doubt it as all the lift really is,is drop down brackets for the stock suspension.It may have been the shocks.(????)Since you rubber is shot anyhow I would just put poly in it.It very well could be better for the handling.On the other side of the camp you might hear how rubber is more mushy so it will help the free up the flex a little on the trail and soften up the ride some on the road.But I think poly is the way to go. Thats MHO.
-Rob

i've got poly bushings with the greaseable pins and shackles; very happy with the set up and no squeaks. i say go for the poly bushings but keep 'em lubed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom