POLL: How much time do you spend working on your rig? (1 Viewer)

How much time do you spend on problems and upgrades (not maintenance)?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
From reading this forum, with all the enthusiastic and knowledgeable folks here, it may seem like some of you are spending all your time working to fix problems on the rigs. Surely, for a truck as realiable as the cruiser this is a misperception. So, got to be curious, and for our enjoyment, thought we could find out for sure.
Soooo, then, NOT counting regular maintenance, but only fixing technical problems and technical improvement work (upgrades, better parts, etc), how much time do YOU spend working on your rig? (And yes, you may be committed or divorced after the results are analyzed... ;) )
Stories of your worst horror repair are welcome to make this more enjoyable...
Eric
(would actually be better to separate problems and upgrades but I don't want to abuse the poll threads... :-\ and be scolded some more by you-know-who...)

upgrades are my downfall....I run minimum 10 hours a week in the garage, tweaking and playing...or designing....A normal week is 2-3 nights at 4 hours each and 1 full 10 hour weekend-day. Started 9am today, breaking now so 2.5 in already, will be back out by noon and might quit about 5pm tonight. shoulda never slept in (7am BTW)

;)

Yikes!
Woody -or others- I was afraid of that, should I split this poll between repairs and upgrades so that it makes more sense?
Eric
(edit: dang, I may have to change the scale too eh? Might have underestimated how hardcore this crowd is...)
edit: lotsa views, very few votes so far... don't be embarrassed now, 'fess up! Your wife etc won't know...

Way too much time. In way to horrible conditions. If the dang truck fit in the dang garage and if it had dang heat it would even be more. :flipoff2:

Heck, I've spent about 6 hours so far this week finally organizing my 60" toolbox. LOL, it's amazing how much crap you can accumulate. I still haven't figured out how I ended up with about 30 rachets. Everything from Snap-on, Mac, Matco, Craftsman, Husky, Allen, SK all the way down to Grandpa handmedowns.

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=8482;start=msg72201#msg72201 date=1070737245]
. I still haven't figured out how I ended up with about 30 rachets. Everything from Snap-on, Mac, Matco, Craftsman, Husky, Allen, SK all the way down to Grandpa handmedowns.
[/quote]

WARNING
Keep your tool box LOCKED when Junk is near :flipoff2:

I worked at least a couple hours a day on my truck when I was at home in Oregon. Currently though, I rarely even drive the poor thing. Most of my time was spent not so much fixing or improving, but learning and figuring out how to do stuff in the future.

I easily have 100+ hours invested this year.

this morning, the only thing on my truck that was removed was the t-case and skid plate...everything else was intact...

from 9:30 until 11:30 am, this occured...

and, after a 30 minute break, this occurred from noon until 1:30...

No clue what else will happen today, but I foresee a grinder, torch, and sawzall in my short-term future....

I used to spend a ton of time working on my 40 and 60 (I think I figured that I had about 480 hours into the 60). Can you say GARAGE SLUT? Since I switched to the 80s the really big long job was adding OME and that only took a day. Sliders were about 3/4 of a day. Stereo an evening. Front bumper maybe 6-8 hours but a lot of that was running around picking up stuff. I've spent a lot of time wiring stuff. Extra cigarette lighters, trailer harness, lights, new horns, etc... Then the occasional wheel bearing packing, oil change, lube, brakes, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom