POLL: AMSOIL engine oil flush?? (1 Viewer)

Do you recommend the AMSOIL engine flush?

• Yes

• No

• I can't advise

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I run a ton of amsoil products (amsoil dealer actually) and I would only use this on old carbureted engines. With our engines I would just switch to Amsoil synthetic and let it work it’s magic.

A lot of newer engines just don’t see buildup like they used to. Unless someone was just running some s***ty oil, your engines likely to be very clean.

i don't have experience with amsoil product but i did run a can of bg EPR through it for about 20 min before my first oil change... use it often in our shop and have had good results... just my experience though

Edit: should probably add, my opinion is that the amsoil product is pobably similiar and i personally would recomend it, but if its like the BG stuff... its a very strong chemical and i wouldn't let it drip on any plastics or anything and also wouldn't leave it in your engine for too long just for oil seals sake.

Are you looking to just clean out your cylinder head? I replaced the valve cover seals on my LX at just about 300K, and I was impressed there was hardly any build up. Everyone has their preferred oils and such, but most modern oils have plenty of detergents which are continuously flushing your engine and reducing build up. Synthetics especially.

Aside from a motor flush, you can also add a qt of ATF with your oil on occasion. In the past with my J#@Ps I would put a half can of Sea Foam in the oil 100 miles before each oil change. All that stuff will keep the build up low, but these engines are pretty clean.

There are some shops that perform an engine oil system flush using a fluid pumped through the system. Our Toyota dealer in Va Beach used to have the Bilstein engine flush system, I found an independent shop here in Houston that has a similar system.
Basically they drain the oil and hook up a pump to the oil filter location where they pump a heated solution through the entire oil system.
I've had it done twice on my truck at 100k and 200k miles.

If it ain't broke (or at a service interval) don't touch it with these engines. They are built to be reliable and it is just unknown as to the long term effects of using a product that isn't recommended for the engine. I have rarely come across an engine that is designed to be as trouble free as the UZ.

I will add that I will occasionally use a fuel additive to help with any carbon buildup, but that is probably not necessary either. Of course the belief of not needing additives is also predicated on keeping up with maintenance and using fresh high quality fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom