Please Help Identify Mystery Part from 2013 Honda Pilot (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

VFRMAN

SILVER Star
Threads
I have my wife's Pilot ripped apart and heads on the floor, and a bench, ready to replace a burnt exhaust valve. The short version is when I removed the rear head I found this little doohickey laying on top of the block, and obviously doesn't belong there, and looks like it was freshly deposited there. Assuming during my disassembly of damn near everything under that hood to get the heads off.

Any ideas? It's about 3/4" long, plastic, has a little rubber seal on one side. Coolant line part? Fuel? Air? I havent found anything online trying to find out what the Hell it is.

There's no money to the Jedi Master that figures it out, but you may have total consciousness on your deathbed.......so you'll have that going for you......which is nice.....😁

Thanks!

20210311_191124.jpg

20210311_183758.jpg

20210311_183026.jpg

20210311_183633.jpg

20210311_183016.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's from the inside of a coolant fitting in a line near the firewall that I broke trying to get the hose off. Case closed!

The only way for me to have a clean conscience on my death bed is to tell everybody I know to stay away from all things Honda that are newer than about 2002. I hope you can get it fixed and send it down the road. Trade it in on an 80 series.

I've had my 80 since 2004. 😁
Our 08 Odyssey made it 275,000 before a deer finally did it in. And that was after being driven over 100 miles with no coolant.(twice). Once at about 150,000 miles when my wife hit a raccoon in the middle of MO at 2:00a.m. Then when I hit the deer in WI at about the same time of night. It was already laying on the road and I plowed right over it when a semi moved over in front of me. I was so shocked we were still driving straight and everything seemed fine til I filled up with gas 100 miles later and there was no coolant left. Also found out that apparently in Wisconsin your family of five can ride in your van, chained on the back of a roll-off tow truck for 92 miles. Who knew?
Needless to say, I'm a huge Honda fan. I still daily drive my 96 Accord wagon with 200k+ on it and don't plan on stopping til I give it to my kid next year. Cheers!

I own several things Honda unfortunately. All was good until we decided to buy a new one in 2015. We got an Accord EX-L V6. It was one step down from the touring, and the only difference is the lack of navigation which we did not need. The car is plagued by poor engineering. I've been fighting with corporate over the grinding starter. CV axle falling apart within the first 20k, soy based wire wrappings and hoses, the crappiest battery I have ever seen, paper thin body steel, flimsy rubber floor mats, and the list goes on. The 276 HP and 6 speed is nice, but not worth the rest of the car being junk.

I daily a 2000 Accord V6 Coupe with 251k+ on the clock. Its 10X the quality of todays Hondas. After the way Honda has treated me, ignored clear warranty issues, stopped making coupes, v6's, manuals, and everything else that was good, I'm done with them forever. I should have bought a Camry. I will be liquidating my stock of Honda JUNK as soon as I can, cars, motorcycles and all.

Oh man, thats too bad. Sounds like you really got a mess with that one. We've always had good luck with them, knock on wood. We're renting a 2020 Camry SE right now while I work on her Pilot and it's certainly a sweet car. She rented a 2021 Highlander to complete their snowboard trip when the Pilot choked and she loved that thing. I hate that "lane assist" feature on sketchy icy mountain roads though. Maybe that's an acquired taste or something. My old junk has never had it. I just figure that's what the rumble strips are for anyway.
The only vehicle we've ever leased was a 96 Accord V6 and that was nice. It went places in the Black Hills with a motorcycle trailer and 2 bikes behind it that a Honda Accord should never go. Let's just say I'm glad they never looked underneath it when I returned it when the lease was up. I can remember vividly my best friend blinded by my headlights at 3:00 a.m. as he's pointing and guiding me up a rocky 2 track "trail" to get to our campsite at Horseshoe Gulch(I think?). Left....left...right a little....CRUNCH!!...left......right.....CRUNCH!......over and over again. Probably the only Accord "RockCrawler" version in existence. 😁

Screenshot_20210315-100457_Gallery.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom