planar diesel fired air heaters for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i am selling these heaters for basically just over my cost at 600 bucks plus shipping im having them imported from russia where they are made. i have been testing them in my softop 40 now for a few weeks they come with all necessary equipment needed to run fully independant from the rig all you need is the battery from your truck. the fuel tank is 2 gallons and running on low only consume. 03 gallons an hour i ran mine on medium for 12 hours straight stayed very comfy on a recent trip at 14000 feet and it was 14 below outside. max output is 3kw so 1kw is 3412 btus so max btu is 11000 btw my 40 fired right up after a full night of running the unit if i can get a dozen if these guys sold i can lower my price because i can get dealer pricing from planar. theres a guy selling them on ebay but hes pretty un reliable. message me here or post on this thread pictures coming asap or you can call me at 5306351857 im in denver so shipping is the same for the east coast as the west coast

Heres how it looks. It can be ducted if needed also the nose cone wont burn the kids

ForumRunner_20130128_233007.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_233205.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_233152.jpg

ForumRunner_20130128_233328.jpg

Interesting. For those with a diesel it would be much nicer just to plum into the tank and hide the heater unit under the truck (or early models under the seat) and plum the heat in. Run a heat exchanger thru it, crank it on high and warm your engine block as well with a small pump. Might not be enough to do anything or would probably drain your battery but interesting non the less. For those that have a Troopie or a roof rack with tent on top or a trailer it would be a nice addition.

Last edited:
Are these intended to be used in an inclosed space? Are they similar to a bullet heater?

Yes they are intended to be used in an enclosed space heres how they work the fuel and air are ignited via a glow plug isode a heat exchanger the heat is then blown by a fan inside the unit as you can see in the pics the exhaust is ran outside the vehicle.

These units are a less expensive more efficient version of a webasto or espar heater ive been around those brands for years and used to swear by them but now when you look at the price for a new espar d2l at a bit over a grand for one and almost 1500 for the webastos and they dont provide as much heat output 600 for the planar is a steel

Can you put up some pics of a unit that isn't installed?

Thinking out loud...

Would one be suitable for mounting in some sort of removable case so that you could just hook up an electrical connection and drop the exhaust tubing trough a hole in the truck floor? Does the housing of the heater/exchanger get hot, or stay cool to the touch?

I can and yes they can be i have a huge version of the same one that i had planned for the exact same thing

Heres what the kit includes all mounting hardware harnesses for unit a fuel pump and 2 gallon tank

_T2eC16ZHJF8E9nnC8GyvBP9_6DT_Hw_60_35.jpeg

The housing of the heater itself does get warm but not hot by any means maybe 90 degrees max

Also available is the 44d12 wich is a bit bigger and 14000 btu pricing is 670 on this guy plus the ride. Again comes with a 2 gallon fuel tank and all nessecary equipment

_KGrHqEOKkME6QdcBfl-BOobUL4y8w_60_35.jpeg

ForumRunner_20130129_122513.jpg

ForumRunner_20130129_122535.jpg

Ok so i got the pricing i was waiting on the 4dm-12 is 619+the ride the 44dm-12 is 649+ the ride.

These units are a less expensive more efficient version of a webasto or espar heater ive been around those brands for years and used to swear by them but now when you look at the price for a new espar d2l at a bit over a grand for one and almost 1500 for the webastos and they dont provide as much heat output 600 for the planar is a steel

These are a steal at this price, can't imagine the hassle he's went thru to import these from Russia. Thumbs up to the OP!

What are you using it for though? I know my Touareg had a webasto diesel powered heater. But it had a pump to heat the water and warm the block. Then with two batteries you could easily run the fan in the car and keep it warm/have warm air as soon as you turn it on.

I see the purpose to heat a tent, or if you have a version longer than a 40 that you sleep in. Maybe if you are out hunting and want a warm car when you get back or while you are hanging out but don't want to run the engine? Just wondering what people out there would use them for (take up a lot of room so it would have to be useful often)

well for us guys who dont have hard tops theyre great for when we go on a snow run and decide to stay the night. i dont know about you but i dont think it would be very cost effective to idle a 2f all night just to run the heater in the truck when i can use this guy for a whole whoppin 65 cents worth of diesel. so yes they are useful. but there is always going to be people like you out there who must question the reason for everything and thats just how it is.

oh and like the title says its heating the air not like the webasto in your toureg that is heating the engine coolant im sure.

...but there is always going to be people like you out there who must question the reason for everything...

Really? You cop an attitude? The guy asked a reasonable question about something new to the cruiser experience that costs a significant amount of money. He simply wanted to know how folks see it being useful.

If you want customers from mud (or anywhere for that matter) you might want to take a more customer-friendly tone.

Just sayin'

Mark

I'm not from a cold climate so I didn't really know. Never really had to worry about stuff like that before. I think they are great and would love something like that for a tent trailer or possibly even my FJ if could find a place to hide it. I agree that a 2F is a gas sucker and something like this would be convenient and possibly even economical in many situations.

Nowhere in any of my comments (the very first of them saying these are pretty awesome) did I say anything negative. Trying to help you explain to others like myself why they might be a good buy. I wish I could justify one and needed some reasons for the day I get stationed in a cold climate.

Good luck with your sales, maybe you will still be around when I move to a colder climate and consider putting one of these units in my tent trailer.

Last edited:
My appologies wasnt trying to cop an attitude or start an argument

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom