Pimp my leafsprings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Run air bags for the weight. Pretty hard to both with just leaves, i.e. flex and load.

Cheers

That's true - but is has to work somehaow ...

Or put on some 80 axles?

Thinking of that, they are 13cm, wider then mine, considering I have 3cm spacer on each wheel that are still 7cm or 3,5cm on each side. I would need feender that are 6-7cm wide. Getting those in Germany can bee a problem due to shipping costs. And then, when I have full flex in the back, will the tire rub against the Wheel arch ?

Guess you have not seen these...

View attachment 1582263

4x4 van conversion parts

Cheers

That does look good. I thougt about putting in some 2,5" airshocks. Those can lift 400kg each. If each supports 300kg You could run original leafspring that would allowing for more flex nd maybee a smoother ride. In the front 2" airshocks would bee OK, 100kg each ... kinda like a semy air ride ;)

@RMP&O - I undestand what you are saying, but besides the money I've tried to stick to widly availabile parts. We did 2 trips fpr 6 month each, would still love to travel for 1-2 years across the world. Keep it simple - so reparing stuff on the road is no big issue. Trying to get a pair of airshock in Mongolia is a problem ...

But I'm still trying to find a way that works for us. If an can build/modify parts to work better I could probaly do that everywhere in the world.

As for the think different message in your post - my Landcruiser would look tataly differen ;) Since we wan't to swap the engine for a 1HDT we want to by a 80 series. In would extend the wheelbase from that 80 to something +30cm more tham my 75 and put the 75 bodie on. Then I would cut that behind the 2 row seat and put on a nice smal cabin with a pop up .... modify the suspension to the new weight, put at least 35s unter it and tune the enginge to 250+ bhp, custom shimmed fox .... THAT would be my ride ;)

But the more realistic plan is to simply just swap the engine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom