PIG THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics man! We want pics! :flipoff2:

Gonna be a bit, I’m finally home this week and the cruiser is under a tarp.
Hope to get pics later this week. I’m trying to catch up on life, traveling weekly has finally caught up and I have to catch up this week.

350 mile round trip to GSMTR is in the books. Lessons learned
  • 3 speeds is not enough, but will have to do for now
  • Drum brakes are a new adventure, especially when everyone around you just assumes you can stop on a dime
  • Holy hot floorboards...
Overall, it went awesome all things considered. There and back with only a whinning power steering pump (and that only started the last 40 miles or so), im calling it a win. Now to get on the bugs so we can make the Illinois trip in a few months.

Whats the best "over-the-counter" match to the white/creme color?

@wngrog you happy with the lizard skin? Thinking about pulling the seats and carpet and coating the interior to cut down on the heat.

If it hadnt been for the broken vent window and the crazy heat coming up from the floors, it would have been a pleasant drive.

Lizard Skin is great. I’d do lizard under and stick on inside and add mats and carpet

Every hole in the firewall needs to be plugged.

Canvas White is my favorite match for Cygnus White

350 mile round trip to GSMTR is in the books. Lessons learned
  • 3 speeds is not enough, but will have to do for now
  • Drum brakes are a new adventure, especially when everyone around you just assumes you can stop on a dime
  • Holy hot floorboards...
Overall, it went awesome all things considered. There and back with only a whinning power steering pump (and that only started the last 40 miles or so), im calling it a win. Now to get on the bugs so we can make the Illinois trip in a few months.
I haven't driven my pig that far. @offr0adlim0 just finished up the latest saga on Piggy Bacon. New valves, head job etc... It needs to be driven ALOT.
3 speed makes me want a 4 speed makes me want a 5speed.
Rear disc are like boobs.
Everything on a 55 is hot...

Congrats on the run!

Thanks @nvrlose54

76A61EA5-8E70-456F-842F-D0BA68369E38.jpeg

@wngrog I have a long body h42 and a split case that I was going to put into an 80, but thinking that it might be better served going into the 55. I know its a different scenario, but what are your thoughts on a F->h42->split case combo.

Not anything that is coming up anytime soon but trying to decide what my long game is.

Picked away on the parts Pig again today. This is the one that game me the tailgate and the doors for the Warthog.

@pmccraney has a FJ40 project with a bad SOA that he will undo with these clean Pig axles

This guy keeps on giving. Also found some parts for @dnp while I was there.

9393DCD0-87B2-4B21-BAE1-6637705D8544.jpeg

87B0AD3E-FE25-409C-9E2C-2B6CC554864C.jpeg

2772FD16-06A5-4B7D-867E-C5382DD19864.jpeg

AFAA6C5C-F511-4B8E-AC0D-89D0000EC4A1.jpeg

Picked away on the parts Pig again today. This is the one that game me the tailgate and the doors for the Warthog.

@pmccraney has a FJ40 project with a bad SOA that he will undo with these clean Pig axles

This guy keeps on giving. Also found some parts for @dnp while I was there.

View attachment 2060451

View attachment 2060453

View attachment 2060454

View attachment 2060455
Getting down to carcass status. How's the steering wheel? Also, any of the jack tools still under the second row seat?

Been driving Piggy Bacon back and forth to work this week.
I love her.

01657860-BBFC-47F4-BFCA-10C1193BEA02.jpeg

1006191521.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom