Pics from high elevation: whatcha got? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PBR: tell us more about that Tundra - are you associated with the company that makes those conversions?

Thanks! Murf

Hi Murf,
The Tundra was a really fun build!

Tiny House Tundra

As far as we could tell this was the first Norweld bed installed on a Tundra so it took a bit of trial and error to get it just right. It was well worth the effort though, plus the next one will be WAY easier.

After having done extensive field testing on both the Norweld and 4WC products I'm very impressed. The importance that they both place on attention to detail is refreshing. We're hoping to offer both Norweld beds and 4WC campers at the new OverLand Cruisers shop in Sonoita.

Our shop's primary focus is to provide mechanically restored rust free Land Cruisers, that said we really love doing expo builds as well. All of our builds are built for real time "perform as advertised" use so it is natural fit. When designing the new shop we made sure it was big enough to have a dedicated camper/overland build area that won't interfere with the Land Cruiser spa.

We're looking forward to hosting a ROTM once the shop is up. There will be plenty of room for camping which is cool.

It's only been a two year process to get this far...deep breathing. :rofl:

For therapy I'm going to go do the first oil change on this sleeper 60.
20181114_173454.jpg

.040 over balanced 2F with headers and free flow exhaust backed up to a NOS H55 (thanks @beno).
20180129_132339.jpg

Out with the Joe Gibbs break-in oil and in with the Driven conventional hot rod oil, next service it will get Driven synthetic.

Fun truck to drive.

Hope you're having a great Saturday!

Johnny

@ScottyDog Is this area popular or high visitor use? Can one get away and be secluded up there? How was the fishing?

Looks like a great spot.

One of my favorite places in the Sierra Mountain Range @ 8000' in California along the upper tributary of the East Fork Kern River. There are higher places in the Sierras but this is within the Golden Trout Wilderness area and is vehicle accessible.

View attachment 1812258

View attachment 1812259

View attachment 1812260

View attachment 1812261

Explored near Secret Mountain Wilderness last weekend. Not sure if it is ROTM worthy, but I'm going to take a couple more people up there for a 2nd opinion:

upload_2018-11-28_18-50-9.png

upload_2018-11-28_18-50-30.png

upload_2018-11-28_18-51-13.png

upload_2018-11-28_18-51-48.png

DSCN0251.JPG
Sorry for the bad picture. I was fully zoomed taking a picture of camp trying to stand steady in 40mph winds (plus shivering).

Not my Land Cruisers, but they are at 17,200 ft and I'm taking the photo from about 17,800ft. A bit of a slog to have privacy answering the call of nature, but pretty nice views.

Ok, you win Ross.:lol: Wow.

Chili? Argentina? And did the altitude make you sick?

Ok, you win Ross.:lol: Wow.

Chili? Argentina? And did the altitude make you sick?

Tibet. I was fine during the day, but slept like crap. I had been acclimatized for about a month at this point hiking and working 12 hours a day. You just move a little slower. I didn't get really sick until around 20K. I have no desire to go that high again.

Engineer Pass, CO. Raggedy old 89 a with a 3-point-slow and AT made it to 12,800 ASL.

SEPT 2010 ENGINEER PASS SUMMIT 019.jpg

SEPT 2010 ENGINEER PASS SUMMIT  005.jpg

Tibet. I was fine during the day, but slept like crap. I had been acclimatized for about a month at this point hiking and working 12 hours a day. You just move a little slower. I didn't get really sick until around 20K. I have no desire to go that high again.

Don't blame you, reminds me of the Top Gear episode when they all get Loopy and had to turn around.

Argentine Pass is one of the highest dirt mountain passes in Colorado at an elevation of 13,207 ft
When the picture was taken in 1996 (note the baby stroller & playpen on the RR) Evaluation was noted as 13,192 back then. So I was actually higher than I thought:rolleyes:
Put it on your list

full

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom