Picked up this gem this weekend (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this 2000 Lexus LX470 on a used car lot this weekend and decided to pull the trigger. It only had 75K miles and it's in excellent condition.

Anything I should know about this year that I may run into over the next few years?

Cheers
Steve

photo (1).jpg

Fog Lights and Rear Heat

Check and see if your fog lights and rear heat are working. I was missing relays for each. Have seen that others have had the same issue with these two relays.

2000s are reproted to have a higher rate of transmission failures due to the use of a bushing that wash not up to spec for a portion of the production run. I believe it is more common in earlier production models. As such, it might be worth having your trans flushed and refilled. Not sure that it helps, but it might and it is cheaper than a new trans.

2000s are reproted to have a higher rate of transmission failures due to the use of a bushing that wash not up to spec for a portion of the production run. I believe it is more common in earlier production models. As such, it might be worth having your trans flushed and refilled. Not sure that it helps, but it might and it is cheaper than a new trans.

- Don't do a power flush. That can stir up particles that it shouldn't. Do a drain/refill or a purge using the truck's own pump. Search for A343F flush.

- So you don't worry too much, the failure rate is only about 5% as best as we can tell.

- So you don't worry too much, the failure rate is only about 5% as best as we can tell.

That is also concentrated since this forum shows up on a Google search. Therefor in reality it's much lower. Don't sweat it! Enjoy it!

Welcome :flipoff2:

There is no correlation to production date, and the failures spill over in small numbers to adjacent years. The 5% number takes into account the MUD percentage of total sales, best we can estimate. Still, don't sweat it. I'm not convinced a flush will do anything other than give you a false sense of security and lighten your wallet. The failure isn't lack-of-PM-related, and has happened to those who were religious about tranny over-maintenance. There is also no "phew, it hasn't failed by XXX,XXX miles, so I'm safe" threshold either. Some failed at relatively low miles and were replaced under warranty, some at close to 200,000 miles. Given the shifting population of mileage that is being put on MY 2000 rigs, safe to assume there is no "safe" mileage. It's just a bad batch of parts scattered throughout the run. :meh: It's not the only killer-defect out there. The busted ignition will leave you just as stranded. :) BTW, I have 2000, with over 200K miles now. I don't sweat it, and just do drain and fills on the tranny. Enjoy your new ride!

more info than you ever wanted to know in here > https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/501772-2000-trans-status-2011-update.html . The data's getting a few years old, but there haven't been enough new failures reported on the board to make me think anything substantial has changed in the last 2 years. Just enjoy the ride! :cheers:

Does the 2000 lx470 have a timing belt or chain?

90,000 mles is the change interval, but you should consider doing yours due to its age. It is an interference engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom