Picked up another hundy! Need to build it for cross country adventures. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I contacted Iron pig hoping they had some sliders in stock but after 3 days of giving me the run around i called back and they said they would have to order it from the manufacturer and i'd have to pay shipping too.

I had wondered if their "website inventory" was actual physical inventory, but it was worth a try...

Truck currently look like this, i'm still waiting on the roof rack from Prospeed then i can start loading stuff on the rack and take it on a test run to make sure nothing falls off or vehicle behaving funny.

47025254864_a678e6c450_h.jpg

This is the last of the baselining fluids to be flushed/changed. 2 Gallons of Toyota concentrated red coolant, thermostat, aisin fan clutch, and oem drive belt.

47806005412_7a95fd49e9_b.jpg

47858371181_a6b5b575cc_b.jpg

Nice and clean, all the dirt/debris behind the fan was building up and look nasty

47068862634_f2b38e5d66_b.jpg

Cleaned this little guy too

47068826884_dd386b36f3_b.jpg

New OEM heater tees i got from Ranma

46942038315_6307cfcccf_b.jpg

Timing belt looks like new, water pump doesn't seep anything, so we'll leave that alone for now.

47858370071_7808bdc0a5_b.jpg

47858368241_c23674434c_b.jpg

New fan clutch installed, thermostat gooseneck got a couple new stainless steel bolts, bled the system and checked for leaks, everything checked out.

Fan clutch can be done easily without removing the fan shroud, just remove your air intake and wedge a piece of cardboard infront of your radiator and wiggle it out. 30 minutes tops, dealer labor book says 2.3 hours, what a joke.

Truck currently look like this, i'm still waiting on the roof rack from Prospeed then i can start loading stuff on the rack and take it on a test run to make sure nothing falls off or vehicle behaving funny.

47025254864_a678e6c450_h.jpg

This is the last of the baselining fluids to be flushed/changed. 2 Gallons of Toyota concentrated red coolant, thermostat, aisin fan clutch, and oem drive belt.

47806005412_7a95fd49e9_b.jpg

47858371181_a6b5b575cc_b.jpg

Nice and clean, all the dirt/debris behind the fan was building up and look nasty

47068862634_f2b38e5d66_b.jpg

Cleaned this little guy too

47068826884_dd386b36f3_b.jpg

New OEM heater tees i got from Ranma

46942038315_6307cfcccf_b.jpg

Timing belt looks like new, water pump doesn't seep anything, so we'll leave that alone for now.

47858370071_7808bdc0a5_b.jpg

47858368241_c23674434c_b.jpg

New fan clutch installed, thermostat gooseneck got a couple new stainless steel bolts, bled the system and checked for leaks, everything checked out.

Fan clutch can be done easily without removing the fan shroud, just remove your air intake and wedge a piece of cardboard infront of your radiator and wiggle it out. 30 minutes tops, dealer labor book says 2.3 hours, what a joke.

Those pro speed racks are the closest to Prinsu I've seen (which I like that style), wish I would have gotten in on those. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Your rig looks great!

Those pro speed racks are the closest to Prinsu I've seen (which I like that style), wish I would have gotten in on those. Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Your rig looks great!

Thanks! Too bad Prinsu doesn't want to build anything for us, i've always loved their contemporary low profile design, the Prospeed rack looks really good and stay low profile that's why i went with it. I'm still waiting for it to get powder coated then it'll get shipped to me. I've got dobinson's 30mm coil spring spacers coming this friday for the rear, trying to lower AHC pressure down a bit

Did you get to MOAB? How was it?

Did you get to MOAB? How was it?

Not yet, I'm heading to Bermuda June 1-7, then June 13 i will head to Black Bear Pass then Moab, wanna join? heh

Not yet, I'm heading to Bermuda June 1-7, then June 13 i will head to Black Bear Pass then Moab, wanna join? heh
Yeah another year though. My big trip west this year is late July.

Hi- Do you have a link to the Prospeed roof rack for Toyota ? Prospeed UK ? I only see other vehicle mfg listed ?
Hope this all comes together for your trip !
thanks

Hi- Do you have a link to the Prospeed roof rack for Toyota ? Prospeed UK ? I only see other vehicle mfg listed ?
Hope this all comes together for your trip !
thanks

I'll PM you the direct number you can text him, he's also on instagram, he's based out of Cali too i believe

Yeah another year though. My big trip west this year is late July.

You're going to HIH this year? Next year i definitely want to sign up early and get in on that, i'll be doing Black Bear Pass by myself with a buddy who has never offroad before, he's scared of heights so he doesn't want to be in the truck when i do the switchbacks so i don't know if he knows how to spot or not lol.

You're going to HIH this year? Next year i definitely want to sign up early and get in on that, i'll be doing Black Bear Pass by myself with a buddy who has never offroad before, he's scared of heights so he doesn't want to be in the truck when i do the switchbacks so i don't know if he knows how to spot or not lol.

The switchbacks aren't the scariest part!

@wyattroa They're these, I believe: Rear Tail Lights For Lexus LX470 2003-2005 LED Type 1Set 4pcs 22cm Red White | eBay. Thanks to @FxFormat I also bought a set.

Which section is the one where the FJ rolled over? i know nothing about BBP all i know is i need to go there, it's been on my list for awhile

the steps and the view from the steps is nerve wrecking from the pics I see

This one?

That's the very beginning of the hard stuff—right as you break over the mountain and start working down, there's an off-camber rock section. The worst is beyond the FJ (I have no idea how he rolled there) on a ledge. Waterfall on your left, ledge slopes to the left, and you're kind of working towards an almost blind corner to the right. Slow and steady, aired down.

It's not super-hard technical driving. But it is scary AF. I loved it. I think trail conditions might vary in difficulty based on how much snow was there the previous season (lots this season I'd guess).

The switchbacks have that same kind-of-scary loooooong drop down, but the trail is relatively well groomed there and you're not on crazy angles.

June 13 i will head to Black Bear Pass then Moab, wanna join? heh

The locals will need to chime in, but I'm not sure BB will be open prior July. Definitely something to confirm before you drive out of your way.

Dang, snow hang around in CO until that late? It's already in the 90s here in VA

Jesus, well it's another month until i get there so hopefully it clears up and the flowers come out....or i can hit the trail on my way back from Cali, but then i won't have a spotter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom