Pertronix Ignition ??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read a bunch of stuff about the Pertronix ingiton upgrade to replace the points. The website says that the unit is for '70-73 dizzy's and '74 non-Ca. I think the model is PE-1665.

I want to put this unit into a vac. advance dizzy. Do any of y'all know if these work w/the vac advance dizzy's?

Anyone running one?

Thanks

Pertronix only fits the smaller early distributor, your stock '75 2F distributor is a bit bigger, you may want to try jtoutfitter who has somethings called Mel's Ignitor which perty much the sames as Pertronix but the bracket may fit your distributor.

Your stock distributor (if original) is retard only, I would get an earlier F distributor (almost as same as non-usa dist.) which has advance and then install the Pertronix. Or if you have the dough, just get a non-usa dist.

Good luck.

/td

Ive got the petronix set-up in my non-usa distributor and it works very well, no points and virtually waterproof! TPI sells them for $75.00 for the whole kit. Like mentioned above, your dist is probably vac reteard, to go vacadvance you will need the early stuff, or a non-usa (which in MOP works very well).

Mike

Sorry for not clarifying. I was going to replace the stock '75 dizzy w/an early model vac advance unit. However, if I am not mistaken the early vac advance dizzy's are '68 models.

I was wondering if the pertronix kit which says '70-'74 would work in a pre-'70 dizzy.

Thanks,

Ryan

I had the pertronix module in my 73 (Vac Retard) dizzy, and it swapped right over into my Non-U.S. Dizzy with a little reshaping of the bracket. Haven't had one issue with it. Also to noti it works very well with an MSD 6a box. The pertronix is well worth the investment can't go wrong with eliminating the points and condensor at one time.

as a side note that I forgot to mention above, the stock carb wont work with a vacuum advance dizzy, and you will have to modify your emissions set-up.. you probably allready know this, but just in case I thought I would mention it.. the vac advance dizzys need a vac port on the carb above the butteryflys to work properly and the stock carbs w/ vac retard dont have em..

Mike

Mike,

I got it taken care of. Thanks for the lookin' out for me though.

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom