Performance 2f??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 80 2f has hei, header, weber carb, and snorkel. I would like to mill down the head and maybe do a 3 angle valve job. Also would like to put a performance cam in it! Is there any certain specs to doing this? Any suggestiions?? The only reason I am doing this is because I have a friend that can do the work for me. Thanks.

.Re: Performance 2f???

>>Performance 2f

I think that's an oxymoron :-/
The 2f rocks but no matter what you do to it, it's still a 2f...
Put a 350 in it or embrace the tractorness.
Just my.02

My research on milling heads revealed that the factory indicated maximum to remove is .100. I never really found a nominal head thickness to measure from. I know guys that have taken off as much as .120 with no interference, but I wouldn't trust this without claying it our first. I've built three motors in the last four years that I've milled for more compression. I took .060, .070, and .080 off them. I figure this roughly gets between about 8.5 and 9.sumptin for compression. In the last motor I put a 250 duration custom grind in there, which is a little less than the 260/270 that clifford(man-a-fre and others) sell. The .090/camshaft'd motor runs reaaal well. I'd be uncomfortable milling much more than the .080 just in case the head had ever been true'd before, which takes between .005 and 010 depending on if they've been really hot or whatever. The compression, header and cam is a combination that I really like, and with a well tuned aisin gets about 15 mpg with no ill effects to off road ability, it still does the 400 rpm tracotr thing thru the rocks. I'm hesitant to say the 260/270 grinds would do that as well. I'm a huge 2f fan, and am definatley biased:) A well built high compression 2f is a good thing on and off the road, but if you wanna run 80 mph you'll need something that spins more revs...

Hey Chef,
What kind of cam did you go with? I've decided to mill the head .080 for sure. Thanks for answering some questions!
Mark
Pittsburg, Kansas

The cheapest way I think is adding 3F heads to the 2F engine. They are a little shorter plus you have the rotative valves. It uses the stock 2F intake manifold, but you have to add headers. I'm not good with numbers but it increased 20 mph specially going up highway hills.

Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom