PerfExpert - poor man's dyno (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lets trade motors...:hillbilly: Just kidding. Looks great. If your tire size is out a bit it could throw the numbers a small amount. What did it give you for wheel kw? Did you use the '2wd' or '4wd' correction factor?
Here is an example of a VDJ79 plot from a dyno machine:
Landcruiser-70-1-V8-v3L.jpg
It showed 124.4 rwkw which is about 15% high. I used the 4wd correction factor. I also did 3 1/4 mile runs, all within 0.1 of a second.

It showed 124.4 rwkw which is about 15% high. I used the 4wd correction factor. I also did 3 1/4 mile runs, all within 0.1 of a second.

Is it possible you gained the extra power from your exhaust upgrade?

Is it possible you gained the extra power from your exhaust upgrade?
I dont think so. Honestly, I don't think there was any performance increase with the exhaust. The only reason I went 3.5" is to support future upgrades. I will be getting a remap shortly with before and after dyno runs.

Out of interests sake, what did you get for the Cd.A number on the app.

I dont think so. Honestly, I don't think there was any performance increase with the exhaust. The only reason I went 3.5" is to support future upgrades. I will be getting a remap shortly with before and after dyno runs.

Out of interests sake, what did you get for the Cd.A number on the app.

I used a Cd.A of 2.6 . Very rough number really. I did my test in 1st gear, as my trans is auto and all the other gears will downshift when I get on it. So drag from air did not really come into play at the speeds I did my test.

Neat app, I'm another guy that used to use a g-tech gauge back in the day for tuning.

One thing that's a constant for any of these accelerator devices AND dyno's: they are consistent, but they may or may not be accurate. They are tuning tools, and should be used to show gains or losses only. They should not be compared to results of other dynos or accelerometer devices, which is what people always seem to want to do.

Nice to see it's available for the iphone as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom