Payload Discrepancy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi - Hoping some folks can help me identify a payload discrepancy in my 2018 LC200. We are trying to dial in the payload while preparing for some modifications / gear load outs for our family. All of the factory specs from Toyota show the 2018 at 1570 pounds like the 2017 and 2019. My door sticker, however, shows 1320 pounds. I do not have the DVD screens and believes all the trucks were the same given the fully loaded lack of options. We were planning to remove the 3rd row to gain the 82ish pounds and go from 1570 to 1652. It’s my understanding some of the heritage models carried the 1320 sticker, but not the earlier non-HE models.

Any ideas? Many thanks!!

Your door sticker is the actual number adjusted for your specific truck. Wether or not the specs are based on the US trim I couldn’t tell you.

I would def not sweat it though. What are you planning?

Check out this thread on this topic

Check out this thread on this topic
Thanks. Mine has one of these yellow stickers, too, but it’s only for 8 pounds. I was most curious as to why identical trucks of the same generation with no factory order options except the DVD player can go from 1570 to 1320 pounds. Would like to know where the 250 went — that’s a lot!

Your door sticker is the actual number adjusted for your specific truck. Wether or not the specs are based on the US trim I couldn’t tell you.

I would def not sweat it though. What are you planning?
Not too worried about whether the truck can handle the weight. There are plenty of very nice builds that certainly appear to push the limits of the factory payload and do just fine. I don’t want to turn this thread into a deep dive into payload, insurance, etc etc., was just hoping to gain insight into the difference. Did I get a beefier set of parts with the 2018 model year? Bought it used so new to me!

We have a small teardrop trailer with an Eezi Awn 1600 tent on top. Planning to put 3 K9 load bars on the roof initially to carry a Thule box, but eventually to hold the 1600 tent. We are also looking at the Quick Pitch mini kitchen for one side of the trunk, leaving the other half open for duffles/gear/water/tent/hot tub, etc., perhaps with a shelf. Going to remove the side steps, keep factory size tires (previous owner put on a set of new ATs before sale), and hold on the factory suspension til we hit 100k miles.

I’d love to do bumpers on front/rear and a long range fuel tank, which would trigger an OME suspension upgrade, but I’d like to get to the bottom of the payload number discrepancy if there any Jedi Toyota gauge to be had.

Thanks for the replies!

Did I get a beefier set of parts with the 2018 model year?

Im not sure yet but i think you did. I owe someone some measurements on this.
I believe there is a possibility the 2016+s w/ AE80F 8 speed and accompanying gearing has some updated driveline components at least.

I’d like to get to the bottom of the payload number discrepancy if there any Jedi Toyota gauge to be had.

Im pretty sure its just testing, baseline trim and global specs that will be a discrepancy. Im not sure what your sticker says but that 250 lb. is more than just your dvd. It is a sum of all the options that are present outside of where that base spec came from.

Not sure why the tire placard is different than what the manual/brochure says. But, this seems to be common. My 2010 LX load on the tire placard is lower than the brochure GVWR - Curb Weight. As well as a 2013 LC that i found the stickers for in a different thread (1295 on placard vs 1510 from brochure). Maybe the curbweight is a dry weight before oil/gas/coolant? I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom