New 200 - Load Capacity Reduction? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Inside the driver's door of my new 200-series LC, I found the above sticker, indicating my LC's load carrying capacity had been reduced by 19 LBS. Any idea why? Thus far, my vehicle is stock, and has not been touched by anybody besides the dealer or myself.

That sounds like something the port or dealer may have added; what are the options on your truck (if any)?

These stickers crack me up. What complete nonsense.

My LC is "box stock" - except for the special color and the floor liners & cargo mat. Could this addition have created the need for said sticker?

I also have that sticker, and when I investigated with my dealer we came to ther conclusion that the added weight of the rear entertainment system - which was added AFTER the vehicle came off the assembly line in Japan - was the reason behind it. It was our understanding that the standard door label listing GVWR, etc. covers all items on the vehicle at time of manufacture. The rear entertainment system, apparently, is not installed at the time of manufacture and therefore must be covered with the separate sticker.

HTH

Thanks for the answer. Great information.

I also have that sticker, and when I investigated with my dealer we came to ther conclusion that the added weight of the rear entertainment system - which was added AFTER the vehicle came off the assembly line in Japan - was the reason behind it. It was our understanding that the standard door label listing GVWR, etc. covers all items on the vehicle at time of manufacture. The rear entertainment system, apparently, is not installed at the time of manufacture and therefore must be covered with the separate sticker.

HTH

That lines up with what a member here stated the weight of the PMRS was when he removed it - about 19 pounds.

19 pounds isn't a lot but it's still 19 pounds of useless junk and a minor annoyance when sitting in or folding the rear seats.

Last edited:

Inside the driver's door of my new 200-series LC, I found the above sticker, indicating my LC's load carrying capacity had been reduced by 19 LBS. Any idea why? Thus far, my vehicle is stock, and has not been touched by anybody besides the dealer or myself.

19lbs = Those monster VIDEO SCREENS... :hillbilly::lol::grinpimp::moon::) Hehe

I found a similar decal on my 2011's door jam. After a search I found this thread. To note, the load carrying capacity is reduced to 24 lbs on mine, instead of 19.
IMG_3312.JPG

just checking tire pressure and noticed the same sticker. I dont have the rear entertainment and not sure what PMRS is. Anyone ever find out what is the cause of the sticker? Just curious......

IMG_2138 copy.jpg

Knowing Kalifornistan...won’t be long before they make me add a yellow 250lb capacity-reduction sticker on my truck every time I hop behind the wheel... :bang:

It's a new Gubmt way of getting you to put 3 less gallons of gas in your vehicle?

It's a new Gubmt way of getting you to put 3 less gallons of gas in your vehicle?

Well it takes me 3 gallons to drive to the gas station...so maybe they’lll call it even.

Last edited:
Knowing Kalifornistan...won’t be long before they make me add a yellow 250lb capacity-reduction sticker on my truck every time I hop behind the wheel... :bang:

Hah, you'd need a sticker for every little (and big) upgrade you've made to your vehicle. If we were keeping score, I'm sure you'd win with the stack of stickers you'd need. By far!

On the flip side, you'd get a big green sticker, for the GVWR upgrade you've made to the suspension.

Bubba still likely is a lot overweight by GVWR and GAWR standards. But we know she has good bones and can handle herself.

Any ideas for 6lbs???

D4BF8ACA-27F1-49DA-8FB7-E8E29AADE288.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom