Patina Appreciation: Show Us Your Rusty Land Cruiser! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@wngrog (aka Rust Whisperer) is this your dog's car, or another spring green rig? :)

Last edited:
Getting hot and muggy in the south means it’s time to go topless and also do a little fishing :cool:

5CD33652-3A65-4460-A361-6D78055E18A0.jpeg
4C004A5D-15ED-426E-B46E-A694D75E8023.jpeg

Nice! Long drive, eh?😛

Finally got the original seats installed...with new seat covers. Just in time for the first drive of the season.

40 Seats.jpg

I have a confession to make about this thread...:notworthy: I created myself a calendar on vista print a few months ago based on pictures of some of ya'lls patina'd landcruisers. I love the patina look of all the awesome landcruisers on this thread.

Here's mine that is ready to go under the knife. Still gonna keep as much of the patina intact as I can.

Sorry for the crappy pics. They were the ones the PO sent me. The rims on it make me throw up in my mouth a little every time I get even the tiniest peak at them. I have period correct steelies that are in the garage waiting once I get it over from my dad's house.

72FJ40#20.jpeg

72FJ40#21.jpeg

Here's mine that is ready to go under the knife. Still gonna keep as much of the patina intact as I can.

Sorry for the crappy pics. They were the ones the PO sent me. The rims on it make me throw up in my mouth a little every time I get even the tiniest peak at them. I have period correct steelies that are in the garage waiting once I get it over from my dad's house.

View attachment 1984464

View attachment 1984465
Those wheels have to go. They belong on a Jeep.

Nice! You found it’s hiding spot!
Yes, I checked it out over at Joe’s place a couple months ago. I was in the process of recovering original paint on a blue 69 fj40 and that hood caught my attention. I wondered how it got the heavy patina and the fender tops were relatively nice original paint.
Nice 40 and I hope it stays “rustic”😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom