Passenger Rear seat won't fold down... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2016 GX460 rear passenger will not fold down.
Anyone have a tip or a place to start?
The release handle will pull up but it does not fold. It will slide.

Interesting. As shep pointed out the seat should not slide when using the top handle. Try removing the handle to make sure everything is connected in there. I had to replace the one on the passenger side right after I bought mine. PO's kids had broken it and they had it held on with duct tape. There are one or two connections (like the door handle inside the door card) that make the mechanisms work. I believe there is one screw under a cap and then it just pops out if I remember correctly.

Interesting. As shep pointed out the seat should not slide when using the top handle. Try removing the handle to make sure everything is connected in there. I had to replace the one on the passenger side right after I bought mine. PO's kids had broken it and they had it held on with duct tape. There are one or two connections (like the door handle inside the door card) that make the mechanisms work. I believe there is one screw under a cap and then it just pops out if I remember correctly.
It does not slide when using the top handle.
Thanks for the starting point and advice.

When we bought our '16 a few months back, same issue. The fix was a disconnected cable in that upper handle latch system. Fixed at dealer since it was a certified one but sounded simple enough. Can't offer exactly what they did but it was most certainly a disconnected cable with the same issue you are describing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom