Parting Out PARTING OUT 72 F ENGINE, 3 SPEED TRANSMISSION, TRANSFER CASE, ASSESSORIES (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Parting out 72 F engine, transmission, transfer case, and all engine accessories. Previous owner had an affidavit included with paperwork that stated the vehicle had 50,000 original miles. It appears the head gasket blew for the previous owner, they replaced it, I bought it and it blew the head gasket again. Head was rebuilt completely (including shaving the base) and reinstalled but it appears the problem is also with the block as I cannot get the head to seal.

Engine Block appears rebuildable. Deck appears to be flat. Vehicle was defiantly stored for a long time and not prepared for storage by the amount of rust in the water jacket, thermostat, and new water pump. Also, all gaskets were leaky. I believe someone got it restarted than overheated it. No manifolds included. Make offer if you want it, you pay shipping including pick up in front of my house (Zip code 95003)

Head was completely rebuilt and has zero time on it. Rocker arm assembly is pristine clean. Valve cover like new, all caskets new. Will include new head gasket that was torqued but never run. Thermostat included; thermostat housing not included. Make offer, you pay shipping including pick up in front of my house (Zip code 95003).

3 Speed transmission Shifted good, probably could use a rebuild. Make offer, you pay shipping including pick up in front of my house (Zip code 95003)

3 Speed transfer case. Shifted and worked well. Never rebuilt. Make offer, you pay shipping including pick up in front of my house (Zip code 95003)

Original distributor cap rotor and wires. Rebuilt and works like new. $100.00 OBO you pay shipping; I will pack and get to your shipper.

Water pump with gasket. $45.00 OBO you pay shipping; I will pack and get to you shipper.

Original alternator. Ran last time engine ran. $45.00 OBO you pay shipping; I will pack and get to your shipper.

Original intake manifold. $75.00 OBO you pay shipping; I will pack and get to your shipper.

See photos below. More Pics available. PM me for more info.

20220627_151351.jpg

P1070692.JPG

P1070743.JPG

P1070751.JPG

P1070752.JPG

P1070756.JPG

P1070766.JPG

What are you doing for a replacement engine? What kind of carburetor and exhaust manifold?

I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am going to put an SBC V8. I SWORE I WOULD NEVER DO THIS TO MY BABY!! But I went through every mental machination possible from Toyota engines, to an OM617 and other diesels. I was really leaning toward a turbo diesel. What made the decision for me is that I am going to have to do the engine swap my self as every shop I talked to is at least 24 months out.

My research showed me that there is all kinds of support, after market hardware, and information readily available for V8 swaps so I did not have to re-invent and fabricate everything. I am not that caliber of mechanic. Finally, I am going to pass my FJ40 onto my son in the future so I wanted an engine that he can work on and has readily available parts. Being 70 years old, it may not be too far off. I would have gladly rebuilt the F engine as I love inline 6 cylinder engines, but as I found the hard way, there’s no support for it any more. I am also in the process of installing Saginaw power steering.

I have a 99 SBC 808 block from a 99 2500 Silverado being rebuilt along with an NV4500 and a 4-speed transfer case. It will have sniper EFI because the vehicle will spend time at sea level (Santa Cruz, CA) and 6500 MSL. I am going to just go with standard ram’s horn exhaust. BTW, Jim Sickles from Downey/Tojo Products has been very helpful. I am using his instruction guide for both the V8 and the power steering.

I have spent quite a bit of time reading over your FAQ document. Plus I appreciate your expertise on IH8MUD. It has been extremely helpful! Do you have any interest in the parts I have for sale? I am very flexible.

I can’t believe I am saying this, but I am going to put an SBC V8. I SWORE I WOULD NEVER DO THIS TO MY BABY!! But I went through every mental machination possible from Toyota engines, to an OM617 and other diesels. I was really leaning toward a turbo diesel. What made the decision for me is that I am going to have to do the engine swap my self as every shop I talked to is at least 24 months out.

My research showed me that there is all kinds of support, after market hardware, and information readily available for V8 swaps so I did not have to re-invent and fabricate everything. I am not that caliber of mechanic. Finally, I am going to pass my FJ40 onto my son in the future so I wanted an engine that he can work on and has readily available parts. Being 70 years old, it may not be too far off. I would have gladly rebuilt the F engine as I love inline 6 cylinder engines, but as I found the hard way, there’s no support for it any more. I am also in the process of installing Saginaw power steering.

I have a 99 SBC 808 block from a 99 2500 Silverado being rebuilt along with an NV4500 and a 4-speed transfer case. It will have sniper EFI because the vehicle will spend time at sea level (Santa Cruz, CA) and 6500 MSL. I am going to just go with standard ram’s horn exhaust. BTW, Jim Sickles from Downey/Tojo Products has been very helpful. I am using his instruction guide for both the V8 and the power steering.

I have spent quite a bit of time reading over your FAQ document. Plus I appreciate your expertise on IH8MUD. It has been extremely helpful! Do you have any interest in the parts I have for sale? I am very flexible.
Leave a voicemail at my shop and we will talk.

I may even have a couple of pieces that you will need for the conversion. I almost went to the dark side myself in 2004, after seeing @whitey45 beast on the Rubicon.

Last edited:
OK Thanks. Tomorrow is my 38th wedding anniversary so I may have to call in the next couple of day but I will call.

OK Thanks. Tomorrow is my 38th wedding anniversary so I may have to call in the next couple of day but I will call.
👍🏻 A year ahead of you.😉

PM for the Original distributor cap rotor and wires

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom