Parting out 1987 Tan FJ-60 (brn/tan interior) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Cross posted from BBRC:

The old 60's frame rotted through - it's time to retire it and let some of it live on in other cruisers. I'm looking to off load mostly body parts/panels at this point (anything I can use will go on the 40). If you need a specific body panel, let me know, but I'm looking to get rid of the whole body (even if it's one part at a time). Most panels will need some rust repair (except the hood). (All 4 doors - Sold)

I do also have the following:

Rear quarters (driver and pass) intended to use for repairs never done - these are clean and I paid $300 each for them, so I'd like to recoup some of that.

ARB Front Bumper (old style) - asking $350. (Sold)

Custom Rear Bumper (Lance built, pre IPOR) - needs to be re-finished, asking $200.

Rear seat lap and shoulder belts, asking $50.

I'm posting here first so folks can pick up parts w/o shipping.

I've been out of the cruiser scene for sometime now, but some of you guys may remember me as a friend of John E. and Lance - I'm back and trying to get a rig ready to run again (Momma wont let me scratch or dent the FJC until it's mostly paid off).

Don C.

Last edited:
d_cav said:
Cross posted from BBRC:

The old 60's frame rotted through - it's time to retire it and let some of it live on in other cruisers. I'm looking to off load mostly body parts/panels at this point (anything I can use will go on the 40). If you need a specific body panel, let me know, but I'm looking to get rid of the whole body (even if it's one part at a time). Most panels will need some rust repair (except the hood). I do also have the following:

Rear quarters (driver and pass) intended to use for repairs never done - these are clean and I paid $300 each for them, so I'd like to recoup some of that.

ARB Front Bumper (old style) - asking $350.

Custom Rear Bumper (Lance built, per IPOR) - needs to be re-finished, asking $200.

Rear seat lap and shoulder belts, asking $50.

I'm posting here first so folks can pick up parts w/o shipping.

I've been out of the cruiser scene for sometime now, but some of you guys may remember me as a friend of John E. and Lance - I'm back and trying to get a rig ready to run again (Momma wont let me scratch or dent the FJC until it's mostly paid off).

Don C.

Tell me about the rear bumper got a pic

rear bumper pics

Just a basic bumper - 2 tow points and 2 inch hitch receiver. I have 2 jeep axels I intended to cut down and add as spindels (I'll toss those in for free). If I were reinstalling it, I'd media blast it (or scothbite dics it) and hit it with a few thick layers of rust-oleum and/or bedliner. Here is the best pic I could get under the circumstances.
fj60_rear_bumper.jpg

Do you have any window regulators (I need the drivers door for sure)?

or AC stuff..condenser, evaporator, hoses…etc?

Yes, and as I recall, I replaced that one not many years back. email me direct so we can work out details (d_cav@comcast.net).

For now, I'm keeping the ac stuff until I figure out what all's going on the 40.

Can you post some pics of the ARB front bumper? Specifically the condition, is there any rust? Do you have the mounting hardware?
Thanks
Chris

I may also be interested in the front bumper if you have a pic??

How much for all the doors? I want to make a set of half doors so I dont need the interior panels or the glass.

I need the plastic from the brake lights and the side markers. (your pm box is full)

do you work in dc?? Maybe I can pic them up from you this week??

I'll try to get some front bumper pics up tomorrow. It's in real good shape - just a touch of surface rust from where the cb attn was mounted, where I had a d ring hung, and a 2-3 inch scrape near the arb logo (GSMTR rock). Other than that, it looks almost new. I have all the mounting hardware, but I'd recommend getting new bolts from tractor supply - they are looking rusty.

On the a pillars, it has a handful of rust bubbles under/around the windshield, under the gasket. I'd have to wait to pull the front windshield to know how bad it is. Let me know how much a pillar you might need (both sides?), and I can make sure we cut them out keeping that in mind. I would normally look at where the spot welds are, and cut outside of them - let me know if that might work. I have no idea what to price them at.

On the a pillars, it has a handful of rust bubbles under/around the windshield, under the gasket. I'd have to wait to pull the front windshield to know how bad it is. Let me know how much a pillar you might need (both sides?), and I can make sure we cut them out keeping that in mind. I would normally look at where the spot welds are, and cut outside of them - let me know if that might work. I have no idea what to price them at.

Thanks. Based on your description, I think I'll pass.

That's an excellent price for that bumper.

Welcome back Don!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom