Part ID Help, Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Me again. I can't identify this part that is just outboard of the oil dip stick on 3FE. It is above and connected in part to a cannister that I also don't know. Is that little pipe supposed to be free...or am I missing a vacuum line?

I notice that a bit of oil pools on the lid of the canister directly below this. What can that be from?

Thanks.
20210915_112058_resized.jpg

Thats the vacuum switching valve for EVAP. It appears that one of the hoses is missing, cant remember if that is the line to the manifold or not?
The manual has a good diagram for vacuum hose routing.

Thats the vacuum switching valve for EVAP. It appears that one of the hoses is missing, cant remember if that is the line to the manifold or not?
The manual has a good diagram for vacuum hose routing.
Thank you. A little searching turned up the loose vacuum hose.

Can you elaborate briefly on that the EVAP is/does? Is that what the canister is below the switching valve?

Yes that is the canister below the valve. Its a emission device that has been required since sometime in the 80's. Its purpose is to capture the hydrocarbon from the fuel tank and prevent it from venting to athomspere. When the engine driving conditions are right, the vapors from the canister are then injected into the engine and burned. Again to prevent the HC from escaping from the fuel tank as the fuel temp raises.

Yes that is the canister below the valve. Its a emission device that has been required since sometime in the 80's. Its purpose is to capture the hydrocarbon from the fuel tank and prevent it from venting to athomspere. When the engine driving conditions are right, the vapors from the canister are then injected into the engine and burned. Again to prevent the HC from escaping from the fuel tank as the fuel temp raises.
Thank you. I found the page showing all the vacuum lines, etc..

I'm sure you've noticed that third, larger vacuum line peg on the top of the air cleaner that has no vacuum line. I wonder what that was about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom