Part # for 80s thermostat housing studs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys.

I'm looking for the part number of the 3 (and I am fairly confident they are) 8mm x 1.25 studs that for sure secure the thermostat housing over the thermostat itself.

Across my entire state (TX) all Toyota dealerships are overhauling their part systems and claim that all part orders will be set back at least 8 days + 2 for shipping and thus my car is out of commission until then. The studs are corroded/rusted to a pulp and made taking off the thermostat a PIA. Anyways, my best guess for the part number is Bolt Stud 90116-08146. A fairly helpful Toyota employee helped me interpret the abstract part drawings and told me that "the car has 3 of em" and that they were "nearish to the thermostat, so its gotta be them".

Would love to have confirmation that this is the right part and
If anyone knows where I can get them in less than 10 days. Ebay has just one listing for $15 a stud that won't get to me for 3 weeks vs Toyota is $8 for 3 and just 10 days.

Not the parts expert but it might be 90116-08147

Try this dealer to confirm:

Look far lower right in the diagram, the parts next to the square gasket
might be what you're looking for. The upright stud is NLA, but the other stud, coming out horizontally, is available. Technically those studs appear to be part of the timing chain cover.

Cooling system piping.JPG

^^^This ^^^, clean them up, replace when the new studs come in.

Took me 8 minutes to find the part number, get a cut and paste of the diagram, confirm the part online, then type it all up.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick responses and the help. The studs are beyond repair and of any real use, the threads are gone, and they corroded to the thermostat housing and made taking it off a 30+ minute ordeal. I'll skip to the new ones

Looks like 9011608147 is the right one and I'll be making some calls in the morning.

Thanks for the quick responses and the help. The studs are beyond repair and of any real use, the threads are gone, and they corroded to the thermostat housing and made taking it off a 30+ minute ordeal. I'll skip to the new ones

Looks like 9011608147 is the right one and I'll be making some calls in the morning.
I have bought those before, and yes that is the part number

The nut p/n is 90179-08040

Curious what they look like, any pics? Did the housing corrode too?

90179-08040 mentioned above is a nut but not sure if it's the correct nut
for that location, look it up or ask your local Toyota dealer parts professional
when you order the studs.

90116-08147 is a stud bolt (stud)

Parts gurus chime in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom