Parking brake cable (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dianna

SILVER Star
Threads
I know this should be on the truck page but i need an answer and nobody will see it there! Haven't been able to get an answer on any other forum... anyway, in order to replace the parking brake cable at the handle, there is a pin in the handle that must be removed to get the cable out. How does it come out? I already broke one thinking it would screw out so i went to a junk yard and just got the whole assembly thinking i could manage to get the cable out without removing the pin... not possible. I am afraid to try to use a punch and open up the end so that it won't ever come out... HELP PLEASE!!! thanks guys!!! (You can see in the pic the where i broke the pin off the original handle.)

Post a pic showing the whole asembly, I think you remove the handle and push it out the firewall end to un pin the cable.
Butch

Thanks Butch, I finally got it figured out yesterday. That pin has to be knocked out of the shaft to get the cable out. Then once you get the new cable in it's wonderful trying to get the pin back in while underneath the dash. Glad i'm flexible! From what i've heard, FJ40's are a piece of cake... my truck is a '94 so i guess that's an advance in technology :-\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom