Pan-American, 2027/28, with kids. Want to join? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

swhme

SILVER Star
Threads
I've gotten the green light from my wife, and am starting to plan the adventure of a lifetime, starting in Alaska in late July 2027 traveling down and throughout South America, returning to the US in May of '28. I'm going to bring my two boys, who will be 7 and 10. Each week, we will do a lesson via zoom with a teacher who will teach us about the history/culture/geography/geology that we're going to explore that week, then we'll go out and live it. I think it will be both an amazing adventure and an amazing education.

We'll split between camping, hostels, and the occasional luxury hotel to get pampered a bit.

Would really love to find another family with similar aged kid/kids who would be up for this adventure, as well. Both for socialization for the kids, a backup parent if I get food poisoning and am knocked out for a day (or I get thrown in a Columbian jail cell 😅), safety in numbers, and some good old fashioned camaraderie.

If you might be interested, let me know, and we can plan some smaller trips within the US over the coming years to get to know each other and make sure this is a good match/idea.

Also, if you know of other places I should be posting to find folks, let me know! I'm not much for social media, so am a bit unsure of where folks congregate these days.

I'm writing this from my hotel room in Punta Arenas, Chile, looking out over the Strait of Magellan to Tierra del Fuego. I can't wait to get back here with my cruiser!

I'll keep it on the back burner. Too much debt, job dissatisfaction and FJ life expectancy is questionable at 215k miles

I'll keep it on the back burner. Too much debt, job dissatisfaction and FJ life expectancy is questionable at 215k miles
Sounds like a perfect time for an adventure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom