Painting the chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok this has probable been mentioned before but have had trouble finding any topics on it. I've been slowly doing up a 73' FJ45 and have been attacking the chassis with a wire brush and sand paper. Problem is internaly i have no way of getting to the rust. I dont want to pull the cab off but at the same time i dont want to be just painting rust. is there a solution that can be sprayed on or do i try and sand blast? Any advise would be great. Cheers

do a search for POR15. should find all you need

for rust that that is inside of the frame I think a good oil would be the best thing to use, applied annually I've had really good luck with Krown....

Also they send you a reminder every year to come in for a re spray and they spend a good our making sure everything is oiled....

I realize it is a little messy, but honestly unless you are taking the cab off blasting and painting, I think oil is the way to go to stop or slow the rust...

just my opinion
cheers

I had more mud then rust in my frame. I pressure washed the frame after I pulled the body and sprayed around in all the frame holes. Then I had to use an air gun to blow the water out. I gave it a few days to dry and then sprayed Por15 into the frame, flipped it over and sprayed it again. The one thing about Por15 is I had to run a tap into every bolt hole on the frame to clear the paint so I wouldn't break a bolt.

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom