painting inside floor boards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I was wondering If someone knew what would work the best and reasonable priced.I want to paint the inside of my crusier and paint the floorboards and bed with something like undercoating so I can just hose the inside out when I'm done playing,but I'm stumped as to what to use that are good and practical and gives me a gray colered option thank for you'r advice ???

I used this stuff they sell at paint stores for automotive body shops. It is a 2 part epoxy system called Mar-Hyde i think. it costs $40 more than the herc liner but I think is hands down better and stronger. It is a 2 part with epoxy so by it's very design much stronger and durable than a non-epoxy system. I did the whole tub inside with three coats for $140. There's still enough to do another tub if I needed it. I sanded or etched the paint, coated with POR 15, etched the POR15 and coated with this mar-hyde stuff. It looks like a military non skid surface that they coat tank decks with. Not pretty but without rust.

I used a spraycan version from duplicolor, too thin imo, but is holding up. Next time will use the roll on Herculiner.

check out this stuff called durabak.

they've got a decent website, too. www.nonslipcoating.com

i've looked at it, and i'm probably goin with it for the inside of my tub and some undercoating stuff like fenders. the price is nice and they sent me a sample of the stuff and it looks and feels real tough.

jonathan

i also used the spray can duplicolor in some areas on the rear ambulance doors i am happy with it it is gritty and tough in the bed though i agree its too thin, stuff still slides around too much, there's not much grit to it, ive managed to nick through it with stuff, and in some areas there is a bit of flash rust not worth the money IMO i will use herculiner soon

I used rusteulim rust encapcilating paint with minamal amont of prep painted my frame and floor boards and roll bar works great coms in rattlecan or quart ,quart works good with brush or roller nice and thick aif you want anti skid throw in some sandblasting sand comes in all kinds of colors I did hammerite black held up great so far been 2 years did hole truck for about 50 bones cant beat that

Thanks everyone for you'r response It gave me a lot of different views on things to look at but I ended up going with dupilcolor rollon because It seemed that a lot of It was not paintable so I'm going to try a little of this and that and see what happens the worst Is I strip It again and buy some expensive stuff and redo again Remember this Is all a learning experiance If It turns out good I will let everyone no and what I did Thanks again

hey just use heculiner
but dont get any on your "hootus" :D :D :D
pirate4x4.com joke for those who dont know
apparently some dude that owns an explorer ::) got some on his tool.what a dope but this was hilariuos.but dont be like him.lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom