paint (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone help me on where to find this paint? I am having a hard time finding it in Oregon. Thanks for the help

You should be able to source Mil Spec OD from automotive paint dealers. If you run into dead ends, you may consider getting in contact with your local National Guard Armory and asking the Motor Pool guys where they get it.

:cheers: Dan.

thanks

Be careful who you ask!! Had a friend get investigated for treason for taking a paint chip off a vehicle in the navy. There are "Top Secret" radar and heat absorbing paints that the military uses. Homeland security will probing you for a couple years. :eek:
I heard a story that some guy stole some radar absorbing paint and sold it to people who wanted to confuse police radar guns.

Good point.

Still, automotive paint suppliers should have formulas for WWII vintage and the like.

D-

Beechwood Canvas provides all kinds of parts and services to restorers of military vehicles, including paint. If they don't have it, you probably can't get it. But they do have mil paint available.

Thanks! Ifound it! :cheers: At the local Army Navy Surplus in Damascus, Or. Inexpensive way to go, easy for touch up. I'll post pics when finished. :beer:

The military uses coatings that conform to their performance specification called CARC (Chemical Agent Resistant Coating). CARC paint does not absorb RADAR or do anything anything exotic like that. It was meant for chemical warfare to allolw for easy decontamination.

You can get the official colors without a problem from just about any manufacturer, they will have them in their paint chip book. I don't think that you would want to pay for the actual coating because it is VERY expensive, contains VERY nasty components (HDI), and feels like sandpaper to the touch - it is a low gloss paint.

I helped quote a Dodge truck program for TACOM called ComBaTT (Commercially Based Tactical Truck), it was my first introduction to military vehical engineering and all of their requirements. It was quite an eye opening experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom