$$ Paint Job ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Using a new tub, cowl, fenders etc. I chose to dry fit everything first as though I was going to take it for a drive. Then I completely stripped it down and took the tub/cowl along with all of the other body components to the painter. After he was finished painting the parts I picked them up and did all of the final assembly work myself. If you are not doing the work yourself go with someone reputable and get a WRITTEN quote. I didn't and ended up getting gouged BIG TIME! I am very happy with the quality of the paint but the price that we agreed upon almost doubled along with the time frame. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING! Audi Quattro Aviator Gray Paint= $10,000.00
DSCN2337.jpg

Slight OT: How many quarts of paint does the 40 need including top (not inside) not including base coat or clear coat.

MAACO did mine, their top line base/clear paint job plus extra for the dash and inner door panels (interior painting) for $1400. I brought them window frames and other loose pieces separate. I did the body prep, the Herculiner interior and engine bay myself. I sprayed rubberized undercoating on all body panel edges where they bolted together, i.e. running boards, aprons, bib, etc. so the front clip & doors were attached.
TLC jul 06 008.jpg
TLC jul 06 003.jpg

Texx, I am sure your happy with your $1,000 paint job. That being said, lets look at our cruisers in 10 years or 20 years. I invested in my paint and know it is better than new and will last years longer than the original paint did. Hopefully my grad kids will enjoy this cruiser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom