P2759 - Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You need Techstream to do this. It's under

Powertrain / Engine and ECT / Utility / Reset Memory
Tech stream:
Reset memory has failed.
Reset memory is not available for this vehicle.

Throws p0500 at start up.
Won't shift into reverse from park, sometimes will from drive.

Stuck in fourth, I don't think 1, 2 or 3 are working in drive

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I thought I sent a few updates. I returned the eBay transmission, total fiasco. Only offered a partial refund, I had to fight through eBay and PayPal.

We haven't been driving much and we're doing fine with one less vehicle, so it sat for a bit. We got it back last week from transmission shop with rebuilt valvebody and torque converter. took a spin up to blue ridge, O2 sensor cel has triggered the or four times now....

Late follow up. The CEL from previous post was from tech putting rear passenger O2 in front and vice versa.

I've not been happy with shifting since getting it back, occasional shutter during slow acceleration uphill and shifts just don't feel right. Shop agreed it didn't feel right but wanted more miles on it first, they made a comment about replacing the crank sensor if/when we brought it back in.

Fast forward a few weeks/miles, I run into the monster home improvement store and when I come out the truck starts goes to about 1000 rpms and immediately shuts down. It does this three or four times before it starts and stays running. It didn't throw any codes.

Another week, another mile, the truck stalled while driving in the driveway. Both symptoms in my brain say it could be related to the crank sensor, so I call the transmission shop. After they say this and that about when they "may" be able to fit me in, I replaced the crankshaft position sensor. I left the battery unhooked overnight.

Shifting does NOT seem improved and today it exhibited the 4 starts/dies before running again with the additional stall when stopping in a parking lot, this time with P0102, Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input.

I could use some help/direction on troubleshooting. I have limited faith in the transmission shop and I am not certain anything is related to work they have done.

Some points for awareness, I replaced the starter solenoid in this timeframe and I previously installed the Hewitt SAIS bypass.

Did I hose my starter relay when I installed the bypass?

Edit: I found several images of the starter relay with the same colors/patterns. It did not look natural to me and more like I burned it up.

Last edited:
Christmas tree this morning, multiple misfires and 1 though 8 codes set.
I did not see/feel a difference in the way it’s running.

battery is Costco about 6 months old, I’ll try to have it tested today.

battery tested ok, but low on charge?

alternator tested ok.

Both tested on vehicle at FLAPS

Last edited:
I believe the MAF was original and the PCV looked enh, so I replaced both. Truck seems to be shifting properly now and a for a few hundred miles.

But..... this cold (for atlanta) morning, christmas tree, running rough, multi misfire and about four individual cylinders identified. Cleared it and it runs great, what should I be looking for?

Plugs were about due, so they got swapped this weekend.

30 degree morning at startup and I get all cylinders misfiring again.

I could use some troubleshooting guidance.
Thanks
Ron

Sorry I missed all these posts. Do other relays in the same box have similar carbon patterns? Almost looks as though something in the bottom half of the box got smoked and that’s just where the relay was uncovered to leave deposits.

I had a misfire symptom like that on a Hyundai six cylinder; the fix was to replace the hose between the maf and the intake. Totally anecdotal and a different engine. Maybe another CPS type issue?

I appreciate ideas, even anecdotal. I will check out intake hoses.

I have been searching, but something seems wrong with muds search, is there a thread/picture available showing the grounds? I want to start checking them.

Any ideas on what a tech may have unplugged/damaged removing a transmission that could cause this?

Did I replace the crank sensor with a bad sensor?

Additional random thoughts, if I clear the code while its running, it will continue to run poor and trip the codes again. If I clear the code and restart, it runs fine. I haven't figured out how to reproduce, but I think it first start on cold mornings.

Transmission shop thinks there is a faulty solenoid and replacing it. Not sure if there is any potential relation or not.

Transmission shop thinks there is a faulty solenoid and replacing it. Not sure if there is any potential relation or not.
The transmission seems to be better.
I’m still getting cel at cold startup with most all cylinders misfiring.

can you summarize what all work was done? Did TC or valve cover got replaced?
or just solenoids?
I would highly recommend remanfactured transmission or a used transmission which offer 30 days return.
Do not go for transmission shop repair or TC or valve body. I was told most of them will be unsuccessful or fail in near future again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom