p2197 diagnostics 2007 LX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! CEL came on about 10 days ago and I have been trying to get to the bottom of this p2197 code. Cleaned the MAF and checked the air filter but code came back after driving just a few miles. Did a search here and there is nothing posted about having an isolated p2197 so I thought I'd start a thread. I ordered a new denso Bank 2 Sensor 1 but while waiting for it to arrive I have been wondering if I could just swap the Bank 1 Sensor 1 with the Bank 2 Sensor 2 as a diagnostic measure? If the code changes to a Bank 1 Sensor 1 code I have my confirmation? It looks like the Denso part numbers are the same right to left (bank 1 to bank 2) but for 06 and 07 for some reason the toyota part numbers are different, for earlier years the toyota part numbers are the same right to left. Anyone know why the numbers are different for 06/07? Any other things I should check? Maybe fuel pressure? Thanks!

Hello everyone! CEL came on about 10 days ago and I have been trying to get to the bottom of this p2197 code. Cleaned the MAF and checked the air filter but code came back after driving just a few miles. Did a search here and there is nothing posted about having an isolated p2197 so I thought I'd start a thread. I ordered a new denso Bank 2 Sensor 1 but while waiting for it to arrive I have been wondering if I could just swap the Bank 1 Sensor 1 with the Bank 2 Sensor 2 as a diagnostic measure? If the code changes to a Bank 1 Sensor 1 code I have my confirmation? It looks like the Denso part numbers are the same right to left (bank 1 to bank 2) but for 06 and 07 for some reason the toyota part numbers are different, for earlier years the toyota part numbers are the same right to left. Anyone know why the numbers are different for 06/07? Any other things I should check? Maybe fuel pressure? Thanks!
The difference between the two is the passenger side wire is just slightly shorter. I tried to swap the two but the passenger side wouldn't reach. I suppose if you freed up the connector from whatever it mounts to it might reach but I didn't think of it at the time. Certainly wouldn't want to ride long term with the wires under tension... also interesting The passenger side (Bank 2) was a little loose. barely better than finger tight... hopefully/maybe there was a very small leak there causing the code? Probably not... I will post back when I get the new sensor in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom