P0305 Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have tracked down a P0305 code to the wiring harness as was expected and now I am trying to figure out if I want to tackle the cut and solder myself or if I am better off leaving it to a profesional. After I unwrap the harness what am I going to find. I am only getting the one code so I am hoping there may be only one fried wire?? How many wires are there in the harness, looks rather thick to me, is there any room in there to work. I am not the best solderer but can get the job done if I have room. What gauge wire did you use for the repair. Would a mechanic even try to spice the wires or would the majority of them just replace the entire harness? Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Just a little bump in case anyone who may have an idea missed it.

Just an update,

So I pulled the harness apart, no burns noted anywhere other than on the very outside of the heatwrap. Checked the injector and it was at 14 ohms, within normal limits. Voltage going to injector was the same as number 6. A little oxidation on the plug wiring going to number 5 and I had to scape it a bit to get any voltage reading so I think it was just a little contamination on the connecter. Plugged it back in and it is running like a champ. Haven't had it on the freeway yet but around town it is running better than it has in a long time.

In my P0305 incident - I basically found the same superficial corrosion on the wiring harness and degraded insullation crumbling from the wrap. I unwrapped behind the EGR and inspected. Inspected a second time the next day and got a second set of eyes on it. We never went all the way on metering everything out but rewrapped the harness at that section really, really, really well. I have since put on 1000+ miles including summer steep climbs and has been good ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom