owners of HZJ7X series... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
CDN mine truck need read no further.

With trucks with a rear heater, is there a tap (spud) off the block on the starter side of engine independant of the main heater circulation line? If so, which freeze plug does it install into?

TIA

I am putting the 1HZ-T in the bed tomorrow, so will look. Dunno if the the truck this engine came out of had a rear heater though, so might not be much help.

gb

My uncle called me last week, he was on a project to put a mine back to the way the grounds were prior to the mining. He told me of all the mining equipement he barried, including many crusiers.

He was going to recover a bunch of equipment, but was unable to build the ice road the following year.

So they barried it all..

rick_d said:
CDN mine truck need read no further.

With trucks with a rear heater, is there a tap (spud) off the block on the starter side of engine independant of the main heater circulation line? If so, which freeze plug does it install into?

TIA
What do you mean by a "freeze plug" and is it a troopy or 80?

Anyway I think they run the rear heater hoses from a T piece like the 12HT.

After 98 there is a spout that fits in the head where there used to be the 2nd or 3rd welch plug but I think thats goes the fuel pump.

rosco et al.

looking down the engine from fan blade toward firewall..

the hose on the right has a "T" from the main heater down to block.

the hose on the left is unbroken (starter side). 80 series use something else (I have a ex-80series HD-T on floor waiting to go into hole in BJ74).

I searched out the fiche (book) and found 16279-17010 which is a 90 degree pipe that fits into the block (assuming freeze plug, the dished metal plugs pounded into block at various points for machining etc).

spud is on rear freeze plug of head (thanks mr. bryant).

freeze plugs are our welsh plugs in Oz. I suggested some time before we should set up cross reference reckoner for parts also to include some other european references. What do you people think? Our section seems to be expanding.cheers.

Radd Cruisers said:
My uncle called me last week, he was on a project to put a mine back to the way the grounds were prior to the mining. He told me of all the mining equipement he barried, including many crusiers.

He was going to recover a bunch of equipment, but was unable to build the ice road the following year.

So they barried it all..

Whey you say "barried it," do you mean "buried it?"

If so, how is that legal?

"Welsh plug" it must be cold there? :grinpimp:

"buried it" There's lots and lots of Cruisers underground in reclaimed mine sites. Metal came from underground and it ends up there. Active mines retire them in exhausted shafts because they are not worth the shaft time to bring up as salvage. Others have too much radiation.

ridgerunner said:
Whey you say "barried it," do you mean "buried it?"

If so, how is that legal?

tonnes of cruisers get buried.

lets just hope the driver isn't in there! ooops.......

do they use cruisers in mines in China?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom